Who We Are:
CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.CAMBA’s The Landing Family Shelter is
funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 169 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The three story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.Position: Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Senior program manager
Location: 9400 Ditmas Boulevard, Queens, NY 11369
What The Shift Supervisor Does
Minimum Education/Experience Required
- Ensure the smooth running and supervision of all residence-related staff and services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all residence goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Access client data using the HRA Public Assistance system and DHS 4002 system as needed.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders
- Coordinate and facilitate groups and trainings.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work of residence staff to ensure client success.
- Coordinate/conduct nightly rounds to monitor the facility.
- Develop program content for ADL staff.
- Investigate all complaints and/or incidents.
- Maintain client contact and feedback such as provide daily wakeup calls for all clients in the facility.
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals (dates achieved) and document via progress notes.
- Monitor clients’ safety and ensure safety polices and procedures are practiced daily.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 2 years experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
Full-time (35 hours per week)Benefits
: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Content Management
- Microsoft Excel