The Benefits Analyst role is a part of the Shared Services team within S&C’s Human Resources organization. The role is responsible for providing internal customers with a wide range of benefit related services, and for handling more complicated team member or companywide issues. The Benefits Analyst will work closely with the Benefits Senior Manager (within the Global Total Rewards team) on benefits plan design, modifications and administration. This role requires the capabilities to perform some analysis as well as undertaking some administrator responsibilities. The position reports to the Senior Manager - Team Member Experience.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshoots issues and errors in HCM to ensure the correct status for team member benefits.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates issues between carrier feeds and HCM. Gathers resources needed to fix carrier feeds and ensure that team member’s status is complete and correct.
- Investigates, analyzes and makes recommendations pertaining to changes in benefit offerings, including voluntary benefits
- Participate in the annual benefit plans renewal process, offering plan modification suggestions and leading the closeout of the process including carrier updates and team member distributions.
- Researches, analyzes, and reports on compliance issues pertaining to ACA (including full understanding of the wellness initiatives and discounts/surcharges allowed as part of reform), ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA, etc.
- Reviews summary plan descriptions, as well as other administrative and policy manuals and suggests improvements regarding information management, benefits reporting, and program compliance
- Supports 401k plan administration as needed
- Supports FMLA and Short Term Disability leaves as needed
- Supports the processing of complex plan components, such as: diversification, segregation, file feeds/automation, TPA reviews/RFPs
- Supports department on system or new vendor implementations, working with IT and other HR team members
- Program management of key initiatives such as: one or more of the AMP UP! wellness program segments (clinical, physical, educational), annual fundraising campaign, open enrollment, etc.
- Performs all the duties associated with the Benefits Analyst position and other duties as assigned
- Provides direction to the Benefit Services Administrator(s) as needed and is able to backstop all BSA
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, or related field.
- PHR, SPHR, CEBS, CBP certifications preferred
- Prior experience administering multiple benefit plans, policies, procedures and benefit programs in compliance with applicable plan and legislative provisions.
- Above average ability interpreting and applying benefit plan provisions and legislative changes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in the area of benefits. Must be able to explain complex topics in a straightforward manner which may include presentations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- A true interest in the benefits discipline, and a demonstrated history of taking initiative and ownership of projects in this area, as well as a willingness to put in the time needed to get the job done, which may include additional hours.
- Prior experience as part of a project team implementing new benefits and/or new carriers preferred.
- Prior experience with FMLA leaves, Short Term Disability leaves and 401k administration preferred.
- Work experience with third party administrators preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle’s HRIS and ADP Enterprise System desired.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Environment: Physical demands are those normally associated with a regular office environment
- Certified Benefits Professional
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist
- Clinical Works