Voice and UC Engineer needed for survey, design and deployment of a total Voice over IP solution at US Army installations throughout the Continental United States (CONUS). The TDM Decommissioning project will Engineer, Furnish, Install, Secure and Test (EFIS&T) a VoIP capability at approximately 15 installations over the next 5 years.
Successful candidates will be responsible for facilitating the following duties.
- Develop a site survey templates; participate in site surveys to document and assess existing voice system, inside plant (ISP) and outside plant (OSP) capabilities and capacity potential to support VoIP solution
- Serve as the Survey Team Lead responsible for ensuring a complete and accurate survey
- Document survey results and findings through the development of diagrams, connectivity tables, equipment inventories and written descriptions
- Work with project Lead Engineer and architect staff to develop a VoIP solution that maximizes the reuse of existing equipment and complies with DoD, US Army, and I3MP guidance, regulations, policies and standards
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software through the development of a List of Materials (LOM) for each site.
- Plan network layouts according to the user environment
- Develop Preliminary and Critical Design documentation in support of key project milestones
- Support the Project and/or Program Manager as technical advisor during meetings as required
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users, as required
- May perform network administration duties and training to junior engineers or customer staff
- Experience in designing network systems that comply with Army infrastructure standards as described in the Installation Campus-Area Network – Design and Implementation (ICAN-DI) documents
- 8 years network engineering or related experience (minimum of 2 years with IP voice systems). Knowledge of TDM Voice equipment, such as Avaya Call Managers.
- Thorough knowledge of protocols and services, such as: TCP/IP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, Spanning Tree, 6PE/6VPE, Multicast, RADIUS, TACACS+, SNMP, SYSlog, RTP, SIP, H.323, and SCCP
- Current Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Voice
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Must be able to travel up to 75%
- Must have DoD Secret Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience with cryptographic devices (desired).
- Ability to troubleshoot networking and physical infrastructure issues.
- Operational understanding of AC & DC Power Management Systems (desired).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (Tacacs)
Session Initiation Protocols
Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (Radius)
Spanning Tree Protocols