You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
CAD Designer / Plan Check
CAD Designer / Plan Checker
Closets by Design is a nationally recognized leader in home organizing systems. We design, manufacture, and install a complete line of custom closets, home office furniture, media systems, wall-beds, garage cabinetry and more.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to immediately fill the position of CAD Designer / Plan Checker
- Review sales designs to ensure that the design is compliant with the company’s product offerings and installation requirements and limitations.
- Define and work efficiently to resolve design questions.
- Assemble an accurate cutlist that identifies all parts and machining requirements for the components required by the design.
- Complete the cutlist package and submit it in a time frame that is consistent with company standards and efficiency requirements.
- Provide support to the Pricing, Production, and Installation Departments, as required.
- Comply with all company policies and standards of behavior and performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Quality – Develop and implement, with every job or project, a personal quality process that will ensure that all items required by the sales package design have been included in the cutlist. Specifically, all components purchased by the customer are included and all required machining, special orders, etc. are accurately specified.
- Productivity – CAD Designer / Plan Checker is expected to produce a minimum of $40,000 in jobs per day after three-months of training. Thereafter, the CAD Designer / Plan Checker is expected to continually seek methods for improving his/her daily output.
- Continuous Improvement – The CAD Designer / Plan Checker is expected to have a positive and proactive attitude towards meeting and surpassing the customers’ expectations. The Drafting Department's customers are: The Manufacturing Department, the Installation Department, and the End-User Customer. Each CAD Designer / Plan Checker is to continuously seek out improved methods for reducing the time to completejobs, ensuring the highest quality with each job, and that all customer expectations have been met or surpassed.
- Attendance – The CAD Designer / Plan Checker is expected to arrive to work on-time and to minimize time away from his/her work station. All employees are required to take the prescribed Breaks and Lunch periods, as defined by Departmental schedules. All employees are expected minimize absence days, insofar as possible.
Minimum Preferred Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College training preferred.
- Must be familiar with computer usage and technology.
- Drafting or design experience preferred.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Typing of 30 WPM preferred.
• Intermediate or above experience with Microsoft Excel.
Closets by Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Assembly And Installation
- Business Process Improvement
- Hardworking And Dedicated
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g3672cf
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.