TEGNA is looking to add a Senior Analyst of Tax Reporting to our rapidly growing company! This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated, collaborative and tight-knit tax team and make an immediate impact. If you're looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment in an exciting industry, we'd love to talk to you.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Tax Reporting, the Senior Analyst will be a top contributor within the tax department. The Senior Analyst will primarily be responsible for preparing the income tax provision, a critical component of TEGNA's financial reporting process. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to pair broad federal and state income tax knowledge with on-the-job experience in the media industry.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740.
- Assist with the preparation of supporting schedules for tax-related disclosures included in quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Analyze and reconcile tax account activity on a monthly basis.
- Prepare provision-to-return reconciliations and monthly cash flow analysis for income tax payments and refunds.
- Prepare quarterly memos to document tax impact of transactions and positions taken by the Company.
- Monitor tax legislation and financial accounting standard updates, planning for the potential tax impact on the Company.
- Review and update the company's uncertain tax positions.
- Assist with the preparation of permanent and temporary book-tax differences.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual tax rate and payment forecasting process.
- Assist in providing support with Sarbanes Oxley/404 controls.
- Assist with responding to inquiries and requests from auditors, consultants, corporate accounting, and other parties.
- Review existing procedures to develop efficiencies in the quarterly and annual tax provision process.
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Senior Manager/Tax Reporting.
- B.S. in Accounting or related degree, Masters degree a plus.
- CPA or CPA candidate is strongly preferred.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in corporate and/or public accounting, including sound technical understanding of US Federal and State tax income concepts with the ability to research, document, and discuss technical tax issues.
- Thorough understanding of ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Must have a "can do" attitude.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent teamwork skills and detail oriented.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize, organize and accomplish multiple tasks and projects.
- Familiarity with MS Office software, including strong Excel computation skills.
- Experience with Corptax income tax software a plus.
Located in the brand new, state-of-the-art Boro Tower in the heart of Tysons, in addition to joining a great company and team, you'll also have a large assortment of services and amenities right at your front door!
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Standard Accounting Practices
Tax Compliance Software