To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Whitehouse Station, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Process Improvement Capability Lead
The Chubb Corporation • Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posted 27 days ago
AVP, Process Improvement Capability Lead
Reports to: VP, Lean Process Improvement Leader
As a member of the Global Center of Competence (CoC) for Process Automation, the Capability Lead works with business and functional unit leaders across the organization to identify process optimization opportunities through automation and/or reengineering. This role partners with Process Automation (PA) Capability Leads and line of business (LOB) leaders. It is accountable for leading opportunity assessments for automation and projects to deliver process improvement.
The Process Improvement Capability Lead is the key driver of analysis and recommendations for process centralization and standardization, identification of use cases for automation, planning and implementation of discovery phases and activities and achievement of the goals for an assigned line of business or discovery initiative. The Capability Lead also participates in the establishment and coaching of new teams to conduct Process Discovery across Chubb.
These roles are based in Philadelphia, PA and require travel to Chubb lines of business to conduct process discovery and assessment activities with product/process owners and SMEs.
Key accountabilities include:
Partnering with PA Capability leads and LOB to Identify Automation and Process Improvement Opportunities
• Engage business leaders to garner support for a discovery project and maintain their support through to completion and goal achievement. Build the pipeline of use cases and ensure that discovery requirements for planning of epics, features and user stories are met.
• Participate in appropriate governance structures and facilitate governance on Process Improvement -Team & project meetings, check-ins and program status meetings.
• Guide the LOB to establish team communication structures to ensure all Discovery team members are up to date and aligned to the changes and requirements with regards to processes, technologies, team structures and approaches. Provide recommendations to team
• Outline roadblocks to Process Improvement objectives for the line of business to escalate.
Conducting Process Improvement and Discovery Analysis and Recommendations
• Drive process optimization, conduct necessary data collection and quantitative analysis, automation opportunity identification and prioritization, and develop recommendations.
• Drive alignment on automation opportunity estimates, complexity, and priority. Incorporate process improvement initiatives required to successfully automate.
• Engage internal resources (LOB) and external consultants (staff augmentation) to use process discovery tools and best practices to deliver successful solutions and detailed analysis/outputs as required.
• Effectively transition of Process Discovery/Improvement output to automation design team or line of business for detailed project planning
• Integrate and assess multiple discovery efforts across the line of business value chain. Draft artifacts and exhibits as needed to support the line of business.
• Deploy program and project management standards for effective delivery meeting Time, Quality, Budget, LOB requirements.
• Design and execute process improvement projects as required
Participating in the Process Automation CoC and Utilizing its Practices
• Participate as an active member of the Process Automation CoC in developing a set of best practice guidelines for use across Chubb.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of team approaches, models, and knowledge by sharing information, building standards, developing intellectual property, and capturing lessons learned.
• Provide direction and guidance to all program staff for assigned units and programs.
• Coach team members to increase their knowledge and performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, or related discipline
• Five plus years business process engineering/analysis in insurance, financial services or management consulting
• Insurance domain expertise in business process and lines of business
• Business Analysis and Target Operating Model evaluation and design experience
• Experience in Quantitative Analysis and Opportunity assessment techniques
• Certification as a Green Belt or Black Belt Lean or Six Sigma Process Engineer or equivalent
• Project Management certification
• Experience working in a multi-discipline, matrix structure team fostering collaboration and team work
• Fast learner in unfamiliar situations/ business areas
• Strong ability to execute
• Influence without authority (leading from the middle)
• Critical thinking & problem solving
• Rapid decision making
• Process improvement (lean) mindset
• Systems thinking
• Self-motivated/ driven
• Highly functional in ambiguous situations and environments
• Emotional Intelligence