Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:
As a leading healthcare provider, we have an undeniable responsibility to protect the health and safety of our patients, customers and team members.
Option Care Health requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, your employment will be contingent upon proof of vaccination, or approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required during the onboarding process; application for medical or religious accommodations will be required to be submitted within 5 business days of start date. If medical and/or religious accommodation requests are denied, you must take steps to be fully vaccinated, or your employment will be terminated.
Job Description Summary:
A Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for the daily flow of clinical supplies between the pharmacy and nursing departments. Functions to support the pharmacy and nursing departments by working with the PSR’s and clinicians to ensure that all patients/customers receive timely, accurate deliveries of supplies and medication as directed. Responsible for inventory sourcing, purchasing, and maintaining products. Maintains the inventory in compliance with legal standards and Option Care policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Directs patient contact to ascertain supply needs as designated by the clinician and establish relationship with client. Communicates information to appropriate personnel and document accordingly. Generates patient orders on system. Coordinates and executes shipping schedule. Communicates with Nurse and Pharmacist to ensure availability of patient supplies and confirms deliveries.
- Purchases all supplies for inventory, following correct purchasing procedures. Sources cost effective products as directed by the clinicians and Option Care product contracts. Minimizes the cost of freight of product ordered and shipped to the pharmacy. Knowledgeable of products and their usage.
- Maintains accurate inventory. Accountable for discrepancies. Participates in physical inventory. Implements “inventory control” and establishes minimum order quantity amounts. Monitors equipment tracking and maintenance. Obtains cost effective rental equipment.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures. Accurately completes QAR forms and forwards them to the general manager.
- May be responsible for delivering drugs and supplies for inventory, following correct purchasing procedures.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities if required.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned by the General Manager.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Technician License as required by state.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- If responsible for making deliveries, team member is required to maintain a current, valid driver’s license and liability insurance in the state of employment.
- Experience communicating both verbally on phone, one-on-one and in writing emails, letters, reports, to various audiences work group, team, company management, external vendors.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
Travel Requirements: (if required)
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time for business purposes.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Prior experience working in a warehouse or delivery setting.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Due to some state pay transparency laws, below is the minimum pay for the position:
Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Minimum pay is $15.39+
-Paid Time off
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Clinical Works