Director of US Retail Research
CoStar is the established leader in data and analytics for the commercial real estate industry. CoStar’s team of 70+ market analysts produce written and digital content about real estate markets and submarkets. The Director of US Retail Analytics will oversee and lead CoStar’s coverage of retail markets across the US.
We are seeking a Director of US Retail Analytics to lead and oversee CoStar’s content around Retail markets in the US. The ideal candidate has long experience in commercial real estate research for a brokerage or investment firm focused on the retail sector; has an advanced degree in Economics, Urban Planning, or a related field; and has a proven record of content creation around US Retail markets.
The successful candidate will lead CoStar’s retail coverage by writing the National Retail report and producing the National Retail video update. The successful candidate will also review and edit the written retail content and video scripts drafted by local market analysts. Key responsibilities include:
- Write quarterly national retail market report content
- Write and deliver content for CoStar’s quarterly national retail video update
- Write regular news articles about US retail trends
- Review and edit local market content written by CoStar’s team of local market analysts
- Represent CoStar at US retail industry events and conferences
- Contribute to the design and development of the CoStar retail product
- Advise CoStar’s Quantitative Analytics Group on retail forecasts, valuations, and analytics
- Present CoStar’s retail market thesis to major clients and at industry events
- Participate in hiring decisions around CoStar Market Analysts
- Advanced degree in economics, urban planning, real estate, or related field strongly preferred
- 10+ years of commercial real estate research experience, with a focus on US Retail markets
- Proven record of producing high-quality written analysis of trends in the economy, space markets, and capital markets
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong presentation skills (as on-camera performance will be a key part of the role)
- Deep knowledge of US CRE data sources and providers
- Deep knowledge of major US Retail markets
- A network of industry contacts in the sector
This senior-level role will report to CoStar’s Vice President of Market Analytics, based in Boston.
The position could be located in any of: Boston, Washington, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, or Los Angeles.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing