Accountant - Revenue
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To oversee monthly close process; to compile and analyze financial and related contract data; and to prepare monthly financial reports, journal entries and general ledger account reconciliation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and completes monthly close ensuring timely financial statement preparation and issuance.
- Applies client contract terms to revenue recognition.
- Performs complex client audits and reporting.
- Supports month-end accounting processes; prepares month-end financial entries to general ledger system; performs month-end variance review; and provides monthly forecast variance explanations.
- Defines, prepares, reviews and analyzes monthly reports.
- Prepares audit lead schedules for outside audit firms.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Major in accounting field preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification strongly preferred.
Six (6) years of accounting and financial analysis experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Knowledge of Great Plains system a plus.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Certified Internal Auditor
Certified Information Security Manager
Certified Public Accountant