Director of Real Estate - Healthcare Experience - Asset Strategy
The Asset Strategy Team is currently seeking a Director of Real Estate who will direct the planning, analysis and negotiation of property acquisition, leasing of external space for the organization, and the leasing of commercial space owned by Orlando Health.
The Asset Strategy Team optimizes Orlando Health’s real estate and facilities to proactively align with and support the organization’s business unit goals and objectives. By integrating the Planning, Real Estate, Interiors & Facilities Development, and Corporate Engineering teams; Asset Strategy serves as a platform to provide facilities and infrastructure for delivering best-in-class patient experiences consistently and competitively.
Orlando Health is a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 3,100 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area’s largest employers with more than 20,200 employees who serve more than 97,000 inpatients, more than 2.5 million outpatients, and more than 4,800 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $360 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at URL blocked - click to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field required.
- Master's degree or current pursuit of same in related field is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in commercial real estate required. Healthcare real estate experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in property/facilities management or business management required.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing external partner relationships such as architects, engineers, appraisers, commercial brokers, environmental consultants and attorneys is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have Central Florida real estate experience.
Essential Functions of this role include:
- Negotiate OHI real estate contracts (acquisitions, dispositions, leases, renewals, subleases, options and exchanges). With the assistance of legal counsel; prepares contracts, leases, deeds, mortgages, options and other legal documents required to execute plans and programs.
- Support strategic planning and site selection for potential lease or purchase locations.
- Manage team members who maintain inventory of OHI contracts for leased and owned properties.
- Perform due diligence review of contracts, plans, surveys, various studies, and appraisals.
- Conduct financial analyses on properties including, but not limited to, Lease vs. Buy, Lease vs. Build, Income Analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, Equity Yield, etc.
- Oversee matters related to real property insurance, tax assessments and exemptions.
- Estimate market value, market rent and highest & best use in cases where a formal appraisal is not required.
- Serve as a contact point for brokers, appraisers, attorneys, developers, property managers, and other real estate professionals.
- Evaluate planning and zoning issues as relates to property use and redevelopment.
- Interact with governmental staff, appointed and elected officials concerning real estate matters.
- Work with staff and outside Physicians, as well as others interested in locating on or near OHI property.
- Direct team members whom provide ongoing assistance to OHI departments regarding expansion or consolidation of space.
- Support community hospitals with real estate issues.
- Assist affiliates and partners with real estate issues.
- Aids the Foundation with all real property issues related to planned giving.
- Assist finance department with contract terms related to deposits, down payments, closing statements, rent payments, rent collections, rent increases, expenses, notes and mortgages and cost basis allocation for Medicare reimbursement.
- Prepare SBAR and real estate summaries for executives and board internal decision-making purposes.
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets, long range studies and financial analysis for real estate activities.
- Represent Orlando Health on real estate matters to protect the interest of Orlando Health, acting with the advice of other staff and operating areas of the organization.
- Establishes, maintains and enforces firm rental collection policies to insure that tenants comply with all terms of the lease including rental payments. Performs and/or monitors collections and coordinate default proceedings.
- Direct team members to maintain records of transactions with tax assessors on changes in real estate tax rates. Leads real estate tax review process for properties; communicates tax and other issues to senior management.
- Continually monitors and analyzes the real estate market to identify purchase and sale opportunities.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of department files for future reference and use.
- Maintain contact with government officials with respect to new or revised zoning laws.
- Direct and arrange periodic inspections of real estate properties to maintain their optimum value.
- Keep abreast of all new developments in the real estate field through periodicals, seminars, membership organizations and real estate brokers.
- Coordinate with the environmental and maintenance staff; manages vendor contracts.
- Direct all lease administration duties for OHI-owned properties including preparing vacant space for lease, construction management, verifying lease data and coordinating commission payments and keeping abreast of future requirements.
- Oversee the development of overhead, operating and capital budgets for specified properties.
- Establishes and administers estimated/actual pass-through expenses.
- Direct the preparation of financial reports for managed properties as specified in respective management agreements.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to assure optimal functioning of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, elevators etc.) and security systems.
- Build and maintain personal contact with tenants and other owner representatives to ensure solid, reliable relationships.
- Resolve and investigate security-related issues for properties.
- Direct the coordination of insurance requirements for properties and associated vendors/suppliers.
- Evaluate service contract requirements; oversees the preparation of space and bids, and negotiates and manages vendor contracts as necessary. Maintains technical files of cost data.
- Manage various personnel functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Please send applications to: Email blocked - click to apply