To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pensacola, FL
- Testamerica Laboratories Inc
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Courier/Sample Control Tech I - (Tues-Sat) - Pensacola
TestAmerica Laboratories Inc • Pensacola, FL
Posted 1 month ago
The Courier is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of water, soil and air samples to
and from the laboratory. Maintain the quality, hold time, and turnaround time objectives of the
lab. Prepare and deliver bottle orders to clients following the SOP of the lab. Receive and stock
all sample control supplies, prepare and ship sample kits and perform sampling events as needed. Dispose of samples and hazardous waste according to guidelines and carry out any other duties assigned by the department manager.
1. Perform all duties as outlined in the SOP for Couriers.
2. Pick up and deliver samples, bottle orders and report to the laboratory for sign-in and
3. Count the number of samples when receiving them from clients to make sure that the Chain of
Custody and samples match. Verify that samples are not broken or damaged.
4. Receive and sign the Chain of Custody.
5. Ensure that client signs, dates, and records time on the Chain of Custody when releasing
6. Transport samples on ice from client site to the lab, or from our lab to a sub- contracted
7. Unload samples and inspect for damage or violated hold times to maintain sample integrity.
8. Interact with Project Managers and clients appropriately and professionally.
9. Follow directions or use maps to locate client offices/sites as specified in the courier
10. Communicate effectively with the courier coordinator about the courier schedule.
11. Record in the courier log book the time that courier arrives to the site and time leaving
from the site for all the pick ups and deliveries.
12. Maintain records for the vehicle maintenance and driving miles; turn it in at the end of each
13. Restock supplies when received so supplies are available to employees when
14. Verify the validity and completeness of all bottle orders being delivered. This verification
is done prior to leaving for delivery.
15. Perform duties in accordance with Section 14 of the Transportation and Fleet Safety of the
Corporate Safety Manual.
16. Comply with the Company's "Driver Evaluation and Qualification Policy".
- Maintain the shipping/receiving area to ensure a safe work environment.
- Prepare outgoing shipments of bottle kits and coolers for pick-up.
- Perform on-site sampling events as needed.
- Dispose of samples according to guidelines on a monthly basis to remain in compliance with EPA and EH&S requirements.
- Maintain delivery truck to keep in proper working order.
- Label samples after log in on an as needed basis.
- May be assigned other sample control duties as identified by the department manager of Sample Control.
- Project Managers for instructions on sample pick-ups and deliveries as well as communicating any observations made while dropping off or picking up samples
- Department Manager for direction and setting priorities
- Other Couriers in carrying out daily job requirements
- Courier coordinator
- Client crews when delievering sample kits and picking up samples
- Vendors and suppliers when ordering and receiving samples
- General public
* High school diploma or equivalent
* None required
* Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions
* Department of Transportation (DOT) Certificate is required for shipping hazardous chemicals within 90 days of date of hire.
* A valid state issued driver's license to drive delivery vehicles is required as an employee with driving responsibilities.
*Local, state, or additional client certifications may be required based on location and client request.
* Complete training on safe/defensive driving practices upon hire; refresher training is required once every three years.
* Reading maps and following directions
* Operating a motor vehicle
* Computer skills preferred
* Ability to prioritize
Material and Equipment Used
- Delivery vehicle
- Basic office equipment
- Computer and operating software
- Respirator and/or hard hat per site requirements
- Personal protective equipment
Lifting and Carrying:
- Coolers containing samples weighing up to 90 ponds and boxes of supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Sitting (40%) when driving nd working on computer, standing (30%) when uploading samples and stocking supplies and walking (30%) when gathering, loading and unloading samples.
- Climbing in and out of delivery vehicle. Stooping, kneeling and crouching when picking up samples and stocking supplies.
Hand Use and Vision:
- Driving delivery vehicle, picking up and uploading samples, preparing bottle kits, stocking supplies
- Indoor conditions include warehouse environment (80%), office environment (10%), and laboratory environment (10%)
- Constant exposure to low level noise from coolers and fume hoods
- Frequent exposure to mechanical hazards from delivery vehicle and forklift
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Additional duties may be included on an attachment.