The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS), Office of Information Technology is seeking qualified candidates for the temporary contractor staffing position of Mainframe Programmer Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia.
The selected candidate will provide design, performance recommendations, MF coding and JCL knowledge to maintain specific software upgrades. including (Code1-Plus and Mailstream). Analysis and design of application enhancements and report layouts.
- Conversion of customer needs into logical flowcharts for coding into computer language.
- Creating and modifying JCL, DB2 tables and documentation.
- The resource must have multiple years of experience and show evidence of completed projects using COBOL and DB2 to allow quick production fixes and timely enhancements as requested by the DHS Division of Child Support Services (DCSS).
- The resource must be willing to provide on call coverage for batch processes
- Works effectively with OIT customers to learn specific design requirements and perform analysis and design of computer applications
- Assists in the overall analysis and design of information technology systems
- Acts as a technical liaison between information technology staff and internal and external customers
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively
- Analyzes, interprets and presents technology solutions to prepare design specifications in a technically acceptable and cost-effective manner
- Designs effective information technology subsystems and develops appropriate programs
- Conducts analyses, interprets research findings, conceives a variety of solutions to functional problems, and reduces abstract ideas to easily understood procedures
- Maintains information technology systems using COBOL, DB2, VSAM and JCL in the Z/OS operating system
- Develops logical code for efficient program execution
- Produces written technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
- Five years of programming experience
- Knowledge of COBOL, DB2, JCL, Utilities, and DEBUG
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Programming
- Customer Demand Planning
- Ibm Db2
- Information Technology
- Job Control Language (Jcl)