Process Control - Software Engineer
Cleveland Cliffs is looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can create, maintain, audit, and improve systems to meet organizational needs. The software engineer will work directly with process control and operations departments to facilitate automation and reporting systems. The software engineer will also manage and maintain source control.
As a Software Engineer at Cleveland Cliffs, you can expect to see your work everywhere; the steels you work with every day are used in building nations. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, challenging, family-like environments and are looking for opportunities to develop further in their career.
- Writing and testing code, refining and rewriting it as necessary
- Working closely with staff including dba, data engineers and process control level 2 engineers to build and integrate current and new systems
- Determining stakeholder requirements
- Integrating existing software products
- Creating technical requirement specifications
- Writing systems to automate specific operational functions
- Investigating new technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computing/Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels or the organization.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computing/Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology with at least two years of work-related experience.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and
- Database Administration
- Software Engineering