Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Director of Admissions
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As the Director of Admissions, you will be accountable for the oversight of the company's inquiry and admission of new students. This position supervises all Admissions Representatives and Sr. Admissions Representatives and is responsible for meeting or exceeding the company's new student objectives.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Under the direction of leadership, design and implement a comprehensive strategic plan, including revolving 90-day, 6 month and one-year strategies, of admissions of new students to the company;
- Direct the admissions process from point of inquiry through second course;
- Ensure Admissions Representatives are in compliance with all policies and federal and state regulations regarding admissions, financial aid, transfer of credits, non-guarantee of placement and potential earnings;
- Present the school to prospective students, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates; tours of the institution; interviews with candidates; arrangements for admissions testing; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals;
- Meet or exceed all admissions objectives as determined by COO and Campus Director;
- Promote good relationships and create networking opportunities and support for representatives with outside institutions or groups that can be helpful in attracting quality students. Attend outreach opportunities in the community.
Successful candidates will have:
* Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in admissions or closely related field;
* Bachelor's Degree highly preferred; some post-secondary education required;
* Some management experience in post-secondary education or related industry highly preferred;
* Marketing and promotional experience;
* Ability to motivate and inspire team members;
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
* A passion for education and commitment to a "students first" philosophy;
* Ability to succinctly and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing;
* An entrepreneurial "get it done" work ethic with ownership and accountability for your team.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)