To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Lafayette, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Research Scientist III - NMR
AMRI • West Lafayette, IN
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Research Scientist III - NMR in West Lafayette, Indiana
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist III is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by obtaining, interpreting, and report scientific data, consulting with clients, maintaining NMR instruments, and training and mentoring other scientists in the Analytical Development group.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
Perform routine laboratory testing using various spectroscopic instrumentation according to study design or under the guidance of project leader
Provide technical support to assigned projects, using robust scientific practices which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards
Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
Conduct laboratory experiments as part of development and validation of solid-state chemistry analytical methods to support analytical development processes, including preparation of solid-state mixtures and studies of solid-state attributes of materials
Assist in preparing technical documents
Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs and company policies and procedures
Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Experience with NMR spectroscopy and other spectroscopic instrumentation such as IR, Raman
- Experience with interpretation of analytical data
- Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn other statistical/scientific software packages, as required
- Good problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues
- BS degree with 3-5 years of experience in industry or academia OR M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science field
- Working in cGMP or cGLP laboratory
- Other analytical instrumentation used in the solid state chemistry laboratory such as PLM, XRPD, DSC, TG, DVS, UV, etc.
- Analytical method development and validation
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Shift: Standard 8