Summary: The Cost Accountant will be responsible for oversight of all costing activities, including standard cost analysis, new item/work center setup, material and labor variance analysis; as well as month end journal entries, fixed asset tracking and preparation of monthly account reconciliations. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Cost Accountant will be involved in and work closely with a variety of departments including production, purchasing and the senior leadership team.
The Cost Accountant will lead all day-to-day costing functions and also will explore how the costing function can support ongoing operations. This position will perform many general accounting duties on a monthly basis such as; monitoring accruals, daily cash journal entries, and fixed asset maintenance.
The Cost Accountant will partner with the Director of Finance, Production and Customer Service to demonstrate support and enhance costing functions.
Duties to include:
• Responsible for daily review of standard cost analysis through monitoring of job cost variance reports
• Preparation and set up of new items, BOMs and work centers
• Responsible for BOM review and maintenance
• Responsible for fixed asset maintenance by recording additions, disposals and monthly depreciation
• Lead WSC in establishing and maintaining the standard cost system
• Month end close process for cost area including monthly journal entries, scrap reporting, and inventory monitoring in production system
• Train staff on the best practices, policies and procedures in relation to cost/production
• Perform variance and trend analysis of operational data
• Inventory management via cycle counts and stock adjustments
• Other duties as assigned
Leader with two to five years in manufacturing/cost accounting and the philosophy of continuous improvement.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to WSC’s mission
• Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of costing, accounting and financial principles
• Continually assess process design and implement process improvements
• Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team; demonstrated ability to partner with other departments to enable growth
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
Education / Experience:
• Accounting degree preferred
• Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access proficiency required
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Conclusion: A WSC Cost Accountant will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an employee cutting across all departments and levels of the organization, the Cost Accountant will demonstrate communication excellence, politeness, honor, integrity and the willingness to do what our competition will not. The maintenance and growth of WSC is every employee’s primary objective.
Perform Cost Estimate
Reconcile Physical Inventory