To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterloo, IA
- Volt Workforce Solutions
- Phone: 563/723-3700
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer
Volt • Waterloo, IA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Volt is looking for an entry level Manufacturing Engineer to work on-site with our customer in Waterloo, IA in the manufacturing and agricultural industry. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations.
- Investigates, gathers and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
- Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
- Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean manufacturing.
- Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Participates in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency.
- Implements new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Modifies existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new wage performance pay plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Science or equivalent discipline.
- A good candidate should have a background in engineering or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good problem-solving skills, ability to learn a variety of software systems including those developed internally with the customer, and ability to work with a variety of salaried and wage employees both in the office and on the shop floor.
- Open to recent grad candidates.
- 1st shift position but there may be some off-shift coverage needed at times.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer