Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC
(Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a On-Call Driver to join our Transportation Technologies team in Ypsilanti, MI.
The transportation technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team’s services cover all aspects of clients’ needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
This position is an on-call position responsible for the operation and maintenance of an automotive vehicle, including the execution of vehicle tests, ability to follow specific over the road routes, and vehicle mileage accumulation. SCHEDULE:
On-call as needed, hours will vary. DUTIES
- Driving test vehicles and monitoring client vehicles on both local routes and extended trips
- Perform required tests in an automotive proving grounds environment and on public roads
- Perform basic mechanical and visual safety inspections including checking tire pressure, engine oil, and transmission fluid
- Maintain records on work performed, record collected data, and report results
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or GED
- 2+ years driving experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to follow directions and interpret vehicle driving routes
- Must be able to drive a manual as well as an automatic transmission vehicle
- Demonstrate an ability to document vehicle observations and vehicle malfunctions clearly and concisely in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to use tire pressure gauge and air compressor
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. A considerable amount of time will be spent driving and sitting for long periods of time. Occasional kneeling and stooping over will be required.
- Ability to be flexible with working various shifts and overtime, as required
- Microsoft Office software knowledge, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Model Intertek’s 10X Energies at all times within the work place, practicing business the right way
- Be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal written and presentation formats
- Must possess the fundamental technical and administrative skills required to perform the job duties
- Must be customer focused and quality driven
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Experience in the automotive field preferred
- Automotive durability and/or proving ground driving experience preferred
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.