Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION III
Compensation Base: $19.31
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Works well as a team member under the direction of the Food Services Manager. Responsible for preparation scheduling, and quality assurance of all foods and supplies. Monitors and maintains accurate production records. Individual must develop and practice leadership skills and the ability to supervise without intimidation. Responsible for inmate training programs, safety compliance, and monitoring equipment maintenance. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the production/service documents for each meal. Copies next week's sheets as well as production/service record, service plan, tray assessment sheet, pre-preparation sheet, restricted diet invoice, daily sanitation record, and meal delivery records.
- Recipes are extended to the facility population requirements.
- Fills out the pre-preparation and inventory pull sheets before each meal.
- Carries out the orientation and training program for inmate workers.
- Adheres to the sanitation and safety program.
- Demonstrates good communication and human relation skills under the direction of the Food Service Manager.
- Assists the manager in maintaining a high level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College credits or technical training courses are preferred by not mandatory. Must be able to demonstrate the use and understanding of the facility's recipes, policies, and procedures. Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.
- One-year prior experience in successfully managing and/or quantity food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting will be helpful. Prior correctional food service training will be helpful but not mandatory.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Maintain Clean Work Environment
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 12163/10595/51713
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The GEO Group is the world’s leading provider of correctional, detention, community reentry, and electronic monitoring services to federal, state and local government agencies. With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative management solution, and industry-leading, evidence-based offender rehabilitation programs.
View the full profile
Not Ready to Apply?