Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Director, Business Model Transformation plays a critical role in helping shape payer business and product pricing strategy, emerging solutions and growth. Core responsibilities for this leader include creating a strategy for economics transformation. This leader is expected to incorporate financial modeling, business acumen, and industry expertise to drive top line growth. This leader is accountable for the performance and results of the business through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff. The Impact of work is across multiple business segments and functional areas or lines of business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some of our healthcare industry’s toughest challenges.
- Accountable for business model and pricing transformation within OptumInsight Payer for products and services to determine opportunities that promote client value and revenue growth
- Lead large financially oriented strategic initiatives that support overall payer strategy – i.e. Total Cost of Care
- Provides thought leadership and acts as a subject matter expert in the design and recommendation of appropriate approaches and methodology in addressing key questions and issues within the business
- Collaborates with product and sales teams on the design and packaging of products to create economic models that enhance our financial position
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive and support partnership opportunities that support new product development and growth
- Strategizes expansion opportunities related to current provider incentive economic models to create greater growth
- Directs others to resolve highly complex or unusual business problems that affect major functions or disciplines
- Be aware of and understand market trends and competitive intel and work with internal stakeholders to adjust strategy and roadmaps accordingly
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years’ experience in health plan operations in product, finance, consulting or growth roles
- 5+ years’ experience with product strategy, business model development, and top line growth
- Experience driving initiatives in a heavily matrixed environment which requires the ability to influence and hold accountable without direct oversight
- Proven business development success and sales experience in identifying and recommending new opportunities and initiatives for continual growth
- Demonstrated experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to articulate complicated ideas and strategies in a clear, concise fashion
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 25%
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or healthcare
- Experience mentoring and leading teams
- Experience in program management, leading large strategic initiatives
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: director, business model, transformation, MN, Minnesota, telecommute, remote, work