About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
We seek a dedicated individual who will function as a Facility Administrative Assistant and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the facility. Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Support management staff as needed including organizing, auditing, filing, laminating, copying, and typing as needed
- Field employee questions and concerns and help troubleshoot problems; serve as a liaison between site employees and various corporate departments
- Assist employees with travel arrangements and expense reports
- Coordinate and communicate meetings and events such as tours, training, meetings, luncheons, and company parties; this requires the Administrative Assistant to adjust their schedule, at times, so they may be present to support these meetings and events
- Office reception including incoming phone calls and visitors
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain facility documents and offsite storage in accordance with the document retention policy
- Maintain office supplies including ordering, inventorying, and organizing
- Basic accounting/purchasing duties
- Support the Facility Safety Coordinator to manage safety documents and databases, provide updates on the status of safety programs, administer the Medical Surveillance program and track safety training
- Support business functions including the scale system, contracts, municipal customer databases, special waste billing, reports and other business support
To be considered for this position, it is preferred the candidate to have an associate’s degree in business or demonstrated three years of office administration experience. Candidate must have strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
The position involves frequent communication with employees and visitors, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Candidate must have excellent organization and coordination skills, and the ability to understand procedures and instructions. Must be a self-starter with a willingness to learn, a strong attention to detail and must work well in a team environment.
Candidate must be able to work a part-time schedule of 24 hours per week and be flexible with their hours to ensure they are present to support the facility’s needs for meetings, training classes, employee events etc.