The PBE Technical Representative provides technical, demo and training support for all PBE stores in a designated territory. This position develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of product and/or services. The incumbent is responsible for increasing awareness of automotive finishes products and acquiring new customers within the territory. The incumbent also provides information to customers regarding available automotive finish programs, assisting store managers with customer complaints and problems, verifying and maintaining customer inventory levels, and setting up training clinics. This position provides technical assistance to customers and store Team Members including but not limited to, product training, product demonstrations, color match, product application, on site participation in all competitive paint conversions, and shop productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Increases sales by seeking out and calling upon potential new customers, and by increasing market share with current customers.
- Develops ways to increase sales with current customers by listening to and meeting their needs.
- Keeps abreast of all competitive products and programs.
- Completes and submits weekly customer call reports.
- Communicates effectively with store Team Members and management to improve competitive position and improve customer service levels.
- Provides information to customers regarding available company programs to increase their sales.
- Provides assistance to store manager regarding customer complaints or problems.
- Researches the competition's strengths and weaknesses and uses the information to improve the company's services.
- Provides hands on technical assistance to customers to promote the sale of PBE products; also trouble-shoots problem areas with all PBE products.
- Completes and submits spreadsheets or other forms as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have technical knowledge of collision industry.
- Requires hands-on knowledge of painting procedures and processes.
- Must be highly motivated, with good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Requires demonstrated sales, organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer to manage spreadsheets.
- Ability to travel outside of home office up to 95% of the time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree, and 4-6 years of hands-on technical experience in the collision industry; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license and MVR certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate