To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager - x86 (VMware) Services
Enterprise Holdings • St. Louis, MO
Posted 12 days ago
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Enterprise Holdings x86 Services team is focused on the development, implementation, and execution of VMware-based virtualization and orchestration solutions. As the manager, you will coordinate, lead, and mentor a team of VMware System Engineers that are focused on the development and delivery of EHI’s next-generation virtualization platforms.
As the Manager – x86 Services, you will be responsible for managing the execution of product development strategies as defined by Product Management, in addition to interfacing with Operations Management to ensure VMware, Cisco, EMC, and VCE support strategies are streamlined and seamless. You will be responsible for determining time and resources needed to complete assignments, and will assist team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects where needed. You will also be responsible for vendor management, and people management activities, including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
As a manager, you must have strong communication and planning skills to be able to effectively manage resource responsibilities across projects that span multiple business units. Also, you will be responsible for implementing changes to improve the overall effectiveness of the team, along with enforcing quality standards for products and services. Lastly, you will be responsible for ensuring that service levels are being met and will lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Intellectual curiosity. This is paramount. People who require strict work boundaries and/or prefer to focus within a single technical domain are not a good fit.
- Energetic team member. We are looking for someone with passion and personality who loves a challenge. This person has strong engineering instincts and can sense risks while navigating towards solutions.
- Automate everything mentality. Understanding how to integrate disparate technologies using vendor APIs and orchestration tools is paramount to the success of this candidate. This person needs to be interested in more than clicking a button; this person needs to be interested in creating the button that others click.
- Ability to see the bigger picture. This person will understand the connections among all elements of a solution. They will help others see how their systems and related decisions connect to the bigger picture and affect success.
- Excellent communication skills. This person is an active listener and fully engaged communicator. S/he will plug into projects and not wait for questions to be packaged up and delivered - but will actively participate in the ongoing dialogue of the project.
- Comfortable with uncertainty (and the certainty of change). This person can anticipate change and is willing to embrace uncertainty - confidently knowing that they can adapt without losing their cool.
- Execution orientated. This person loathes doing nothing and is capable of defining their path forward from a high-level vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing an IT staff, which included selecting and developing strong performers, and conducting performance and salary reviews
- Previous experience with VMware technologies such as vCloud Director, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, etc.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate after-hours response to incident-related managerial escalations when necessary
- Must be able to travel between St. Louis campuses
- Must have strong team work qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with internal cloud customers, peers, vendors, senior management, and other departments within IT
- Must be detail oriented with strong problem solving and time management skills
- Must have proven experience in working and communicating effectively in cross-functional teams
- Previous experience working as a VMware administrator or engineer
- Previous experience working in an agile-based development organization, including extensive use of JIRA (or similar products) for project, issue, and Sprint tracking
- Previous experience with open source and enterprise-grade orchestration tools such as ServiceNow
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred