St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Senior Data Analyst is a member of IT Reporting team primarily focused on EPIC Cogito reporting, and is responsible for all stages of the business intelligence cycle: understanding business objective, collecting business requirements and translating them into data requirements, designing and developing reports and or dashboards (code and visualization), scheduling and deployment of business intelligence components in accordance with supplied standards and best practices, and completing accurate and timely documentation.
This role analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources in order to provide insight to decision-makers leveraging BI tools like Tableau, including but not limited to data extraction, aggregation, and quality checking.
Mentors and assists junior analysts to develop a deep understanding of the data, its use, and the structure of reports and dashboards. Communicates extensively with both internal and/or external customers and stakeholders regarding a wide range of data-related topics.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for complete lifecycle development for business intelligence (BI) reports, dashboards, and applications.
- Performs research and assist in analyzing data related to the networks strategic initiatives including broader research needs.
- Assists in dimensional data modeling, data warehouse design and in defining business intelligence processes.
- Is an expert at designing and developing actionable reports and dashboards providing insights and analytics in support of the network requirements, through data extracts and visualizations across a variety of healthcare and biomedical domains.
- Develop efficient SQL queries and design algorithms to extract data from relational databases like SQL Server.
- Work closely with all levels of healthcare personnel, IT Management, Clinicians, Consultants and Administrators to identify and unlock opportunities, improve platform capabilities around data platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- Functions as knowledge resource of the reporting database; possess strong working knowledge of internal data structures in EPIC Clarity and the most efficient methods of extracting information needed for reports.
- Mentors Jr. analysts on basic system functionality for new users of Crystal Reports, Crystal Enterprise and Clarity Database.
- Monitor production systems and servers for issues and resolves issues or elevates them for resolution.
- Validate and test output result accuracy; perform code review, data product user-acceptance testing, and other related testing
- Generate and update appropriate documentation as per policy and procedure. Including requirements, specifications, change control, end user documentation.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements, attendance and dress code.
- Level 3 support for application related issues.
- On-Call Support Required
- Performs additional duties dependent on department requirements.
Sitting for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2 hours a day, 1 hour at a time. Seeing as it relates to general, near, color, and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal and telephone conversations.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Math or related field. MS in a data or statistics related field a plus.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of Information Systems, with 5+ experience in complex data analysis/reporting with demonstrated competencies in analytical and reporting area with 3+ experience in Health Care.
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence functions, advanced analytics, industry standards and best practices.
- Highly Proficient in data exploration, data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau, SSRS and MS Excel.
- Strong technical skills, including high proficiency in writing SQL queries, and ability to develop simple shell scripts.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience with presenting data to leadership at all levels.
- Proven ability to meet short deadlines and turn around information in a timely manner.
- Experienced with Epic Clarity Data Model and/or Epic Reporting Workbench.
- Certified in either Clarity or Reporting Workbench.
- Certification or Proficiency in Cogito Fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical topics with proven capability to communicate complex subject to non-technical end users in an effective and supportive manner.
- Is an excellent team player.
- Experience working with Epic EHR
- Knowledge of KB-SQL.
- Experience with data transformation and load (ETL) in tools like SSIS, PowerBI etc.
- Certifications in Epic Ambulatory or Inpatient Clin Doc.
- Python/R or other statistical programming language.
- Experience with advanced data modeling and predictive analytics.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing a plus.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of report design tools such as Crystal Reports or equivalent.
- Chronicles Batch Scheduler.
- Knowledge of clinical standard terminology, clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies, adoption of technology.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, and of the highly complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, techniques, best practices, regulations, and standards practices involved with patient care and electronic medical data management within the network.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Data Analyst - EPIC[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Data Analyst - EPIC
Extract Transform Load (Etl)