You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
SR. Operator Specialist I (extrusion molding exp is highly preferred)
SR Operator Specialist
This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include set up and operation of heavy machinery. In this role, you will ensure that all machinery is running efficiently, producing quality product, and complete minor mechanical work. You will also act as Team Lead in their absence and serve as a resource to the production staff.
- Operate heavy machinery to produce food-packaging products, which include maintaining equipment, keeping records, following production schedules, following safety guidelines, and making sure the final products meet quality standards.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery to include replacing belts, sensors, troubleshoot all machinery and equipment, and assist with changeovers, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to production staff and assist with training and development.
- Conduct quality and safety audits; Conduct follow up on any findings to ensure they are properly resolved.
- Act as Team Lead when needed, which consists of managing labor, ensuring production goals are met as it relates to CPM, assisting with employee development, etc.
- Adhere to process standards and troubleshoot process issues including but not limited to temperature, miss trims, etc.
- Utilize LEAN tools to improve over equipment efficiency
extrusion molding exp is highly preferred !!!!
- Qualified candidates’ will have 2-years’ experience in a fast-paced production environment with some mechanical knowledge of industrial systems.
- Proven mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heavy machinery.
- Previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:Applicants: On your Job Opportunity Form, provide specific information about meeting the qualifications.Demonstrated leadership and training skills.Remain in good standing (no more than 5 attendance incidents and no Step 2 Corrective Action.)Ability to solve problems and make decisions. Knowledge of company policies and procedures and ability to ensure compliance. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to communicate problem solving and new employee training Certifications/License:Operator Specialist (C) Certification within the foams extrusion department.Must be able to get a lift Truck license. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:Must be in good standing. An associate is considered in good standing if he/she has no more than 5 attendance incidents and is not in the first six (6) months of a Step 2 Corrective Action.Must have six (6) months’ time in current job position, unless move is initiated through business needs.Only regular, non-probationary associates of Pactiv in Temple who are actively working (not on leave of any kind, including disability) may apply. Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com. Located 16 miles south west of Chicago, Bedford Park is a village in Cook County, Illinois. The population was 580 at the 2010 census. Bedford Park consists of a small residential area and vast amounts of heavy industry sprawling to the east and a small amount to the west. Pactiv Bedford Park is a leading Extrusion/Injection Molding facility that produces plates, straws, cutlery, and wrapped cutlery kits for the food service industry. Built in 1974, our facility has 195,000 total square footage. We host 90 machines including Injection Molding, Extrusion, and Automated Robotic instruments. We produce approximately 75 million pounds annually and over 400,000 SKUs. We employ over 500 full-time and temporary employees who have helped us attain numerous awards including Quality Performer of the year and Safety Excellence. Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Heavy Equipment
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 20616
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.