To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrisonburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Officer
Everence • Harrisonburg, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Provide information on credit union products and services to current and potential members according to all credit union policies and procedures. Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with members, particularly member businesses. Develop and enhance the business loan portfolio. Ensure that members and prospective members are promptly and professionally served. Responsible for performing collection activities associated with delinquent member accounts. Provide general Everence information and cross-sell services.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assume responsibility for regional business development.
- With management, proactively develop strategies for development of new members and provide tactical steps for implementation
- Contact prospective members to present information on products and services
- Primary liaison and contact for existing regional member businesses. Maintain relationships with area SEGs
- Visible presence in local community. Promote the credit union through visible participation in business, community, charitable organizations and activities.
- Promote all products and services with cross-selling to meet member's needs.
- Attend trade shows and promotional opportunities as needed.
- Gather background information on members applying for business services by interviewing and collecting necessary information. Handle loans of varying complexity, value and risk.
- Assist members with loan, deposit, or transactional application process in person, on the phone, or electronically to ensure completeness of information. Approve loans within limits of authority and notify applicants of loan decisions
- Coordinate and process closings. Ensure each loan or deposit service is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
- Assist in servicing loans by processing payoff, refinance, problem loan workout arrangements, address changes, payment extensions, collateral releases, and payment due date changes.
- Perform duties of area personnel as required.
- Ensure business service operations are conducted in accordance with established credit union policies and are legally compliant. Ensure project and account requests are properly documented
- Provide input to management on potential new products and/or trends in the industry.
- Participate in the Business Lending Committee. Provide input and recommendations for lending decisions to the lending committee.
- Ensure members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensure members are properly informed of credit union loan policies and services.
- Ensure the credit union's quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Create value add experiences for members and prospective members.
- Counsel other loan officers as necessary to resolve member problems.
- Complete reports and records promptly and accurately.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Provide support and assistance to branch personnel in local region. Serve as connection to the Everence family of products and services.
- High school graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred
- 3+ years of business lending experience.
- Knowledge of banking operations and lending functions
- Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and public relations skills
- Thorough understanding of business lending and deposit programs, policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements.
- Established network in the local market
- Prospecting, sales and referral skills
- Attentive to detail; well organized.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Able to maintain an effective and efficient work flow
- Spanish-speaking preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Location: Harrisonburg, Virginia - Harrisonburg office