The George Washington University Hospital
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from local residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
GW Hospital is jointly owned and operated by George Washington University and a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), one of the nation's largest healthcare management companies. The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), adjacent to the hospital, is the 11th oldest medical center in the country and the first in the nation’s capital.
The mission of GW Hospital is to provide the highest quality healthcare, advanced medical technology, and world-class service to its patients in an academic medical center dedicated to education and research.
Bed Control Representative
- Works in conjunction with the transfer coordinators and/or House Supervisors to manage completion of registration and status changes for ER and procedural admissions, intra-hospital transfers.
- The registrar for Bed board is responsible for facilitating an efficient, professional and effective registration process through the attainment of demographic and financial information that is pertinent to appropriate reimbursement and statistical analysis for all direct admits from the Medical Faculty Associates and from outside hospitals or clinics. The individual is responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounts to ensure database integrity and timely claims processing. The individual will be a part of an organizational culture that provides the highest degree of service excellence standards to all customer groups.
- Works in conjunction with the transfer coordinators and/or House Supervisors to manage all aspects of registration for all outside hospital transfers, GWUH rehab admissions, GWUH inpatient voluntary psychiatric admissions and GW Medical Faculty Associates' direct admissions, based on medical needs and bed availability.
Must demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the registration process including full pre-registration, status changes, management of bed statuses, management of patient aliases and Experian insurance and demographic verification.
- Two (2) years of experience in Admissions required
- Associate degree or Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification preferred
- 5 years of problem solving experience demonstrated in a Customer Service environment (preferably healthcare or insurance) or a combination of education and experience
- 5 years’ experience in hospital registration (billing and collections experience preferred)
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines and requirements preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and PC proficiency
- Strong Service Excellence skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Basic Life Support
Certified Nursing Assistant