To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seminole, OK 74868
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CONSTRUTION HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - SEMINOLE, OK
CRH Americas Materials • Seminole, OK
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID: 147595
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a variety of equipment for plant and construction purposes. The career field for “Equipment Operator” includes, but may not be limited to, the following positions: Heavy Equipment Operator (Grade and Pave Crew), Roller Operator (Self-Propelled, Asphalt, Other than Asphalt), Motor Grader Operator (Rough/Finish Grade), Concrete Grinder/Milling Machine Operator, Backhoe Operator (Rubber Tire or Track), Skid Steer Operator, Forklift Operator, Bulldozer/Push Dozer Operator, Scraper Operator, Loader Operator, Concrete Finishing Machine Operator, Asphalt Paver Machine Operator or other specialized equipment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, safely and efficiently.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., DL/CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements. Valid DOT Medical Card a plus, preferred but not required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions with skill and exercise of independent judgment.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to frequently move/carry objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted and occasionally move/carry objects up to 100 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.