Your role with the company:
The entrance is the first impression all our residents receive when they walk into our building. It will be your duty, as the Janitor/Porter, to make sure Related’s reputation is upheld through an exemplary experience from the time they walk through our front doors. Your customer service is what will help us retain our residents once that first impression is forgotten. The porter is responsible for the general upkeep and grounds keeping of the community. This super-star porter will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby, hallways, elevators, common areas, and restrooms by mopping, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, garbage removal, and special projects as assigned. About 90% of job will be dedicated to cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance.Qualifications
• 1-2 years plus verifiable Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter experience
• Hands on experience with a majority of the above duties
• Must be reliable and have experience working with cleaning chemicals
• Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
• Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
• Must have excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time during an 8 hour shift
• Must have reliable transportation
• Light Maintenance knowledge is a plus
• Snow removal and landscaping*On call rotation may be required
Benefits and Features:
Related is an Equal Opportunity EmployerOverview
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing - as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties - we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Hardworking And Dedicated