Kelly Services in Savannah, GA is currently seeking experienced Manufacturing Technicians I to work at a premier manufacturing company.
- Operates varying machinery in designated area of responsibility (mill, lathe, gun drill, etc.) at an acceptable production level.
- Participates in weekly toolbox meetings on safety and quality issues.
- Properly and safely loads and unloads raw materials in CNC machinery in accordance with the operator work instructions.
- Monitor machine for unusual sound or vibration.
- Remove finished product, deburr edges, and blend imperfections.
- Assess tools and monitor for wear. Notify appropriate personnel for replacement if needed.
- Monitor, check and test the quality of parts produced in accordance with inspection sheets and work instructions using micrometers, dial indicators, hard gauging and other precision measuring instruments.
- Clean and maintain machine, tooling, and fixtures to keep equipment in optimal production condition.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of work area; Keep all machines, tools, and equipment and work surfaces free of oil, grease, etc. Prevent and reduce clutter; improve organization at all times.
- Properly clocks in and out of ERP for time and attendance and production work orders. Accurately records production quantities.
- Detect and notify supervision of faulty machine operations, defective materials and unusual conditions.
- Properly follow and maintain documents such as travel tickets, inspection sheets, PM logs, product non-conformance reports and others as determined by management.
- Work as a member of a team, under general and direct supervision
- Must possess a High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• 1+ years of prior CNC experience or related experience and/or training (preferred in a manufacturing, production and assembly environment) preferred.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Must be available to work varying shifts as needed.
- Ability to pass the basic skills assessment in Mathematics, Metrology, Blue Print Reading and Operator Work Instructions.
- Must have a level of manual dexterity to perform all job functions.
- Ability to perform as part of a team and to cooperate and work proactively with others.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new process techniques.
- Great attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines and pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work in accordance with our Permission to Play Values.
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment as required by your position and/or Company policy.