St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
We are looking for an experienced, compassionate Certified Nurse Assistant to join our interdisciplinary team in providing best hospice care to patients in their place of residence. This is a full time position, driving to homes and facilities to provide care - primarily in Lehigh and Northampton counties.
This position works as a paraprofessional employee who provides comprehensive personal care
and assists with other health care needs for the patient under a written Plan of Care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Gives or assists with bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair treatments, nails and skin care.
2. Assists with elimination, utilizing a bedpan or urinal, commode or bathroom.
3. Feeds or assist patient with eating and prepares meals including special diets prescribed
for the patient.
4. Assists with positioning, transfers and ambulation, with or without assistive devices.
5. Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
6. Performs routine .catheter care, including catheter irrigation by gravity and removal of
catheter if instructed to do so by professional staff.
7. Performs clean simple dressing change and decubitus care.
8. Documents tasks performed by telephony/or designated record daily.
9. Communicates with patient’s families and related persons and agency staff to achieve an
effective exchange of verbal/nonverbal and written information.
10. Observe and report deviations from the usual physical and mental status of the patient
and any unusual occurrence(s) to Supervisor/Case Manager in a timely manner.
11. Provides holistic care to hospice patients.
12. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as
the proper release of information
13. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in
interactions with all customers (internal and external).
14. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth
and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
15. Performs light household homemaking chores in the patient’s immediate environment
essential for the safety and comfort of the patient and maintenance of a functional,
healthful, and clean environment.
1. Current Pa. Driver’s license and automobile registration & insurance
2. Current CPR certification
3. Ability to work reliably and independently as assigned, adapting to changes in work
assignments, schedules, and geographical locations.
4. Ability to accept and utilize supervision
5. Ability to exercise tact, initiative and good judgment in dealing with people
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Occasionally lift and/or carry 100 lbs
2. Frequently lift and/or carry 50 lbs
3. Stand and/or walk at least 6 hours in an 8-hour work day
1. Stooping (bending at the waist) and crouching (stooping and bending at the knees) –
2. Handling (grasping) – required frequently
3. Fingering (fine manipulation) – required only occasionally
Important: The functional capacity to perform heavy work includes the functional capacity to
perform medium, light and sedentary work.
High school diploma or GED
Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Certified Nurse Aide certification required. Experience preferred.
Day shift including weekend and holiday rotation (usually every third weekend) with possible
varying hours based on the needs of the department The Holiday schedule requires that two
holidays per year are worked, one major holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s) along
with either Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health & Hospice Aide[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health & Hospice Aide
Certified Nursing Assistant