To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eldon, MO 65026
- Carolyn Harper
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Health and Safety Coordinator
Adient • Eldon, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Spearheading specific actions to assure the plant complies with all federal, state provincial, and local environmental regulations and rules, including those related to occupational health and safety. Champion the facility's risk management program through the corporations Business Operating Systems (BOS) which are designed to minimize the physical and financial exposure resulting from potential, alleged or actual on-the-job injuries/illness, and environmental compliance.
- Ability to work "on-call" and /or "off shift" for any emergencies that may arise.
- Enter incidents (safety & environmental) and other data such as audit results into the Corporate System
- Maintain OSHA log and open corrective actions list
- Conducts incident investigations and assists with determining root cause and facilitating resolution.
- Develops and facilitates appropriate and required plant safety training.
- Leads ERT and EFT meetings
- Ensures all new equipment meets OSHA guidelines
- Conduct safety and environmental orientation program
- Evaluate facility for safety hazards and develop proactive strategies to address inefficiencies.
- Work with regional workers compensation claims administration team, Third Party Administrator, and attorneys to manage open workers compensation claims.
- Lead contact for outside agencies such as Fire Department, OSHA, and environmental regulators.
- Ensure contractors are trained properly and adhere to contractor safety program requirements.
- Schedule annual hearing, and pulmonary function exams, and post offer physicals.
- Help manage Hot Work program
- Conduct safety and environmental audits; coordinate plant preparation for corporate audits.
- Respond to environmental incidents and spills, including completing investigations to determine root-cause and closure activities.
- Identifies and facilitates appropriate and required environmental training.
- Evaluates facility for environmental aspects and develop proactive strategies to address issues.
- Ensure plant is compliant with BOS and all other environmental, health, and safety laws including compliance withallair,water and waste permits.
- Coordinate environmental objectives program and ensnare implementation throughout the year.
- Is a member of the Plant Safety Committee.
- Educates and trains TeamFacilitators as totheirdutiesrelative to safety training, safety inspections and injury/illness investigation and Employee's First Report of Injury/Illness.
- Assist in accident investigation, helps to assure that proper reports are completed and assists in recommending corrective action.
- Maintains the first aid facility of the plant. Maintains first aid treatment records.
- Keeps up to date of the latest safety procedures and equipment by membership in appropriate organizations, attendance at seminars and reading professional journals.
- Maintains "MSDS on line" for the plant and policies relating to this program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
4 year degree in occupational health, environmental management, or related degree program.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine repo1ts and co1Tespondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or communicate with medical personnel.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Familiar with employment laws and regulations (i.e. OSHA, MDNR, EPA, etc.). Must be computer literate.