To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS Capital Advanced Analytics Supervisor
UPS Professional • Atlanta, GA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS Capital is the financial services branch of the company, established to meet the financial needs of businesses while accelerating money and goods through their supply chains. By combining financial services with all other UPS capabilities, UPS Capital creates a key link in the UPS global commerce synchronization strategy.
The Advanced Analytics Supervisor is responsible for analyzing marketing, product, and services data to answer business questions about competitors, customers and market trends. He/She contributes as a member of the team in the design and delivery of business analysis solutions. He/She verifies data for quality and quantity to ensure it is sufficient for statistical assumptions and communicates results to stakeholders to answer questions and determine if further analysis is necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with internal partners and cross-functional teams to evaluate pricing and determine optimal thresholds, and ensure that proper perspectives and implications of proposed pricing schemes are considered
- Supports analyses by building and evaluating models and monitoring risk segments to determine changes needed to grow profitable revenue
- Develops reports and visualizations of data to explain trends and help business users make decisions
- Participates in presentations to internal partners and senior management
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies knowledge of database applications, tools, infrastructure and standards to develop, implement, support and administer databases to ensure information organizations, accessibility and security
- Applies financial expertise by analyzing and evaluating financial data, patterns and trends to determine the financial impact of a decision on the customer and the company
- Conducts product and customer technology management, and develops business cases for enhancements, through knowledge of product features and specifications and competitive offerings
- Understands most standard statistical techniques (e.g. regression, time series, bootstrapping, etc.) and when to apply them
- Estimates and forecasts by reviewing relevant data such as trends, market conditions, and current assets, to identify potential needs, feasibility, stress loads, scope, potential growth, costs, risks, and benefits
- Must have experience using Microsoft Excel and Access, PowerBI, simulation, math programming and decision analysis tools
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related field - Preferred
- Experience programming in Visual Basic, SQL, C++, R, Python, or SAS - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity