ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
"The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for Center Demand Planning and consensus forecasting of their assigned Region. They gather global/regional input from multiple sources to help predict and manage customer demand. The position will partner closely with their region’s Fulfillment Senior Manager to ensure alignment and focus on regional sales forecasts/initiatives, service, inventory levels and spoilage.
The position will maintain, analyze, and communicate data and information for key business decisions on demand forecast. The position is accountable for key metrics related to working capital performance, including forecast accuracy, bias, service levels, etc."
Flexible Work Policy: The Demand Planning Manager position has been segmented as Blended, meaning the work is a combination of onsite (only 2 days per week) and virtual (3 days per week). This position is based out of our corporate headquarters in Rosemont, IL.
• Manage the demand planning team, direct reports include Demand Planners assigned to their region. Ensures team accountability and manages performance appropriately
• Deliver against performance targets (Forecast Accuracy, Bias, Service, DIOH and Spoilage) and identify methods to improve planning behaviors that adversely impact these measures.
• Execute routine and ad hoc demand planning management activities with timeliness, rigor and completeness to manage team performance, maximize planning system utilization, and drive positive business impact. Capture risks and opportunities to forecast, publish notes and recommendations
• Identify performance gaps in Demand Planning process and tools. Deliver enhancement projects to improve performance, productivity, and standardization across the Demand Planning team
• Create and execute roadmap deliverables to increase maturity of the Demand Planning function in concert with replenishment team leadership and key stakeholders
• Recruit, hire, and train top talent to build a strong Demand planning team that focuses on KPIs, root cause and corrective actions.
• Other duties as assigned by manager
Four-year college degree in business, operations, supply chain management.
• Prior foodservice or demand management experience preferred
• Five years of management experience required. Supply chain understanding – focus on demand planning preferred
• Strong Financial Acumen required (must be able to interpret sales data within the market)
• Experience with Advanced Planning Systems and Tools (Blue Yonder/ JDA/ Manugistics) that enable Demand Planning and Reporting (Tableau, WEBI) is highly preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, advanced Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to lead, train and coach a team in common processes and drive standardized planning methods to meet business goals
• Ability to identify modifications to business practices to take full advantage of technology and process innovation
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills, including the ability to identify and analyze problems, set priorities, and to recommend creative solutions; Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
• Capable of building strong cross-functional relationships and understanding needs of internal and external customers
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to multiple levels in the organization to drive understanding, consensus, and action
• Supply Chain experience and knowledge of business planning processes
• This candidate will be a self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, Demand Planning (Hybrid Role: Combination of Onsite & Virtual) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at
. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Ethics
- Business Planning
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness