To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlottesville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Associate VP for Financial Strategy
ExecuNet • Charlottesville, VA
Posted 2 months ago
The University invites nominations and applications for the position of Associate Vice President for Financial Strategy (AVPFS) reporting to Vice President for Finance. COMPANY has recently embarked on a journey to transform its financial operations with exceptionally performing teams, highly effective processes, and modern systems. To help lead this journey, COMPANY seeks a dynamic and innovative AVPFS to lead its core financial objectives.
The Associate Vice President of Financial Strategy (AVPFS) will serve as a key partner with the Vice President for Finance (VPF) to provide high quality and timely financial information and analysis to support the University’s strategic plan and financial objectives. In support of this purpose, the AVPFS will compile and disseminate financial information to support the University’s financial strategy; lead COMPANY Finance efforts to serve as trusted financial advisers and partners to the University community; and oversee COMPANY Finance operations. The AVPFS will ensure their team delivers value to position the University to achieve strategic objectives. Specifically, the AVPFS will:
Primary oversight of the development of a multi 'year master financial framework incorporating financial results, treasury actions, operating and capital plans, and reporting and analytics to support the University’s key strategic priorities. The Assistant Vice President for Financial Planning & Analysis and the Managing Director for Treasury and Risk will partner closely with the AVPFS on this objective.
- Design comprehensive financial framework to maximize resources to meet strategic needs and support prioritization of resources in alignment with those needs.
- Provide executive leadership and stakeholders with insight, dashboards, and financial modeling analysis.
- Develop business performance reporting metrics and provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocations, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Support the short and long term health of the University’s finances with regard to achieving long 'term financial goals, budgets and forecasts.
Provide advice and support to the University community with high 'level service and solutions for schools, business units, and University associated organizations. The Director of Finance Outreach & Compliance and Director of Foundation Relations will report to the AVPFS.
- Identify, develop and implement services that are high 'value and help meet the strategic goals of the University.
- Track and analyze key data trends, continually demonstrating customer value and continuous improvement. Set service standards and associated metrics.
- Deliver effective financial training, communications, and outreach to the University’s financial community.
Oversee and ensure overall effectiveness of COMPANYFinance administration with a high functioning and diverse team of professionals that strives to reach University and individual goals in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. The Senior Director of Finance and Administration will report to the AVPFS.
- Support and coordinate all Board of Visitors reporting and presentations.
- Evaluate and craft written briefing materials and policy analysis.
- Manage COMPANYFinance finance and administrative responsibilities.
- Create and maintain a culture of change and improvement that aspires excellence.
Competencies and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished leader who is forward thinking and has implemented transformative and sustained impact in complex environments. Key competencies include:
- Leader of engaged and committed teams, respecting diversity in people, opinions, and experiences
- Strong collaborator who develops trusted and effective relationships
- Proactive and innovative thinker and problem 'solver
- Committed to action, with a sense of urgency to make and implement timely decisions
- Exhibit keen strategic vision, keeping core values at the forefront of decision 'making
- Ascribe to highest standards of honesty, quality and integrity
- Provide excellent service to internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communicator who listens actively and delivers professional presentations; able to explain complex financial concepts in understandable terms.
- Excellent writer, able to develop written briefing materials and policy analysis
- Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty and integrity
- Excellent problem 'solver with diplomacy and conflict 'resolution skills.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree in business or related field is strongly preferred
- Ten or more years of progressive responsibilities, including managerial responsibilities leading a large complex team in financial 'related fields and administrative matters, preferably in large decentralized environments of comparable size and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating and managing change in a large and complex organization.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Advanced degree in business or related field
- Five or more years of direct experience in financial modeling and planning, including analytics.
- Five or more years of direct experience developing policy statements and analysis.