Non-Profit Accountant- Free Parking in Baltimore!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a nonprofit organization focusing on supporting the local community in providing access to affordable healthcare, good education, and food security.
- Due to growth, they are hiring a Non-Profit Accountant in their Baltimore office and their office is metro accessible and there is free parking available.
- This position is temporary covering a maternity leave for the next 3-4 month.
- This organization loves to promote from within!
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- "The organization does some incredible work for people in poverty. Nice people to work with. You really feel good about the work you are doing.
- "All of the programs at [organization] have wonderful, philanthropic missions. They are doing a tremendous amount of good for the City of Baltimore."
Overview of the Non-Profit Accountant role:
- Prepare journal entries related to grants and AR
- Monthly grant invoicing and reporting
- Obtain contract expenditure reports from funders
- Maintain the general ledger
- Prepare receivable aging reports
- Work with HR on salary allocation for grant staff
- Work with grant staff to research and develop financial information and budgets for grant proposals
- Monitor outstanding receivables weekly and produce AR reports
- Identify overdue accounts receivable of 60+ days and follow up as needed with funders
- Review grant documentation to ensure all regulations are being followed
Preferred Qualifications for the Non-Profit Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-3 years of grants experience
- Nonprofit experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accounts Receivable
- Financial Management
- General Ledger