Join one of the first companies in the country to commit to a vaccinated workplace. Are you vaccinated against COVID-19? Come to PruittHealth, where your health and safety are top priority. Position:
Licensed Medical Social Worker, Home Health (LMSW) - PRN Location:
Austell, GA At PruittHealth Home Health, we’re committed to a lot of things.
But we’re especially committed to caring for our patients and residents, as well as providing our employees with a rewarding career as a member of our PruittHealth family.
That’s why we attract employees who are passionate about providing the highest quality level of care possible for our patients. We also attract people who are looking for a home, rather than just a job – where being part of a family at work is as important as the type of work they are doing. As a member of our team, you will also have access a progressive benefits program that reflects our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners. JOB PURPOSE:
Provide medical social services to PruittHealth Home Health patients and their families in their place of residence. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Provide care to patients within the accepted standards of practice for industry and profession.
- Complete psychosocial history and assessment to evaluate social service needs of patients.
- Develop an initial plan of care in consultation with the RN Care Manager, Clinical Manager, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Locate and obtain resources necessary to the financial, social, medical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- Provide counseling to patient/caregivers to assist in coping with significant changes in the patient’s condition.
- Participate in the agency Performance Improvement Program.
- Participate in staff development programs and team conferences.
- Maintain clinical record to meet federal, state, and agency regulations and guidelines.
- Inform the physician, RN Care Manager, Clinical Manager, and other members of the Interdisciplinary team of current patient condition, outcomes, response to counseling and/or treatment, and changes in the patient’s condition or needs.
- Complete and submit required documentation within guidelines established by agency.
- Document all services and interactions in the medical record.
- Assist the patient and family in developing long term planning related to declining independence and/or health status.
- Assist the patient and family in developing an appropriate discharge plan.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- One (1) year of experience in medical social work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- For NC and SC agencies, the social worker must be licensed by the state.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current CPR certification.
- Communicate well with patients/clients, fellow partners, visitors and family members. Provide a warm and friendly greeting, and an approachable attitude. Responds to expressed concerns with a helpful, caring demeanor. Answer questions in a professional manner.
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities, and issues.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in the field. Maintain current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
- Honors patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards.
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and state and federal laws and regulations. Report violations to the appropriate supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and patient information.
PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We’re committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy and infusion services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Job:
Social ServicesPrimary Location:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jul 30, 2021, 11:04:19 AM
- Clinical Works