To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lafayette, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Center Manager - Lafayette
Grifols • Lafayette, LA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Acts as the general manager for a Plasma Collection Center and has overall responsibility for the center's operation. Works under general occasional guidance and general oversight of regional management. Manages the daily operations of the center, supervising operations and quality control, and ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities for Role:
• Responsible for meeting quarterly goals, staffing/hours per labor efficiency standards/cost per liter (CPL) targets and Quality key performance indicators (KPI) goals.
• Create appropriate organizational environment and value systems which stimulate the morale and productivity of the work force and its leadership.
• Operates the center and manages employees and operations to the highest standard of ethics and integrity.
• Manages staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met and to implement operational changes and maximize center efficiency.
• Directs and manages employees.
• Monitor and evaluate operations. Develop action plans to maximize center efficiency and supervise the implementation of process improvements.
• Manages headcount to provide for efficient staffing through high and low production intervals, providing accurate and timely projections to regional management team in advance of cyclical and seasonal or situational spikes.
• Accountable for the direction of all personnel functions including hiring, assignment and direction of work, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination and the maintenance of all personnel records.
• Provides strategic direction and planning.
Other Responsibilities for Role:
• Acts as a mentor to assigned team, other center staff and other centers.
• Through Assistant Manager, oversees donor selection, plasma collection and shipment and records completion.
• Accountable to insure the adequate training of production employees and demonstrate how tasks are to be performed to meet company standards.
• Accountable for the adequacy of inventory of all goods and supplies necessary for center operations and oversee ordering goods as needed.
• Assure center employees maintain the facility in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order.
• Accountable for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures. Required to answer all freezer alarms and deal with them appropriately.
• Submit timely and accurate reports on a daily/weekly basis or as requested.
• Develop community representation with regards to all public relations and marketing campaigns to attract and retain donors.
• Maintains thorough familiarity and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
• Accountable for donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
• Directs through the management team and with Training and Quality staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met.
• Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
• Works with Divisional/Corporate management in the preparation of annual budget and manages facility to consistently achieve production targets and quality goals at the agreed-upon cost structure.
• Control center donor funds and ensure that all financial records are accurate and in order.
• Identifies regulatory deficiencies and in collaboration with the Center Quality Manager implements immediate corrective action.
• Minimize center liability through constant risk management review. Investigates all unsafe situations and complaints and institutes corrective/preventive action.
• Establishes and maintains the ability to perform all tasks within the center; fulfills the role of production employees when the occasional need arises.
• Assumes Regional management oversight and mentoring duties for select facilities/projects or in ROMs absence.
• Performs other duties as required.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as anexhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Science, Business, Nursing, Finance, or related field.
• Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience in clinical or general business experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
• Prior management experience, preferably supervising a group of 20 or more employees.
• Experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment preferred.
• Experience with plasma or whole blood preferred.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly-related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Command of leadership, management, presentation, organizational, customer service, interpersonal communication, and computer skills. Ability to understand, assess and communicate FDA regulations. Ability to balance multiple competing priorities, ensure proper staffing levels, maintain adequate levels of plasma collection, and adhere to quality standards. Ability to control costs and maintain a budget. Ability to motivate staff to achieve established goals and standards. Ability to develop positive relationships with donors, center employees, and company employees working in different geographical locations. Developing command of and proficiency in at least one functional area, such as finance, IT, HR, or compliance. Ability to relocate preferred.
GRIFOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Minorities / Females / Disability / Veterans