The Principal Trainers work with the training manager, application managers, and application analysts to maintain the training program for the roles in their application. Principal Trainers must have a solid understanding of the operations of MFA’s practices relevant to their applications that may include clinical documentation, orders, scheduling, patient-clinic communications, result routing, charge entry, coding, claims processing, and patient billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Develops role-based training content, independently or with team members, using a variety of software programs, tools, and applications (such as Microsoft Office).
Designs, develops and maintains instructional materials.
Maintains policy and procedures documentation.
Incorporates feedback from others into existing training and training administration procedures.
Learns new content and consulting with subject matter experts to develop training materials and answer any participant questions.
Assists with building and testing of training environments, and providing support and troubleshooting issues.
Collaborates with other trainers by co-facilitating classroom instruction and assisting with exercises as needed.
Prepares training lessons, prints materials, and sets up the training room and environment prior to the training session.
Presents information verbally and in writing in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific additional qualifications are required based upon the application assigned.
Education College Degree Required;
• Bachelor’s degree (IT/Healthcare Focus Preferred) OR
• Associate’s degree with at least four (4) years’ experience
- Current Epic certification(s) for relevant applications. New hires and transfers have no more than 45 days from completion of MFA-sponsored Epic training to complete any required Epic certifications.
- Analysts must remain current on Epic Certifications, badges, trainings, and other credentials.
- 3 years minimum experience in healthcare specialty field and/or in a software vender environment preferred. Domain-specific knowledge and additional experience may be required based upon assignment, especially for specialized applications.
- Claim Processing
- Clinical Works
- Health Care