St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist assesses patient’s condition and need for respiratory care; provides appropriate therapy in designated critical and all non-critical areas according to the physician order. Sets up and maintains appropriate ventilator support. Performs diagnostic studies and evaluates results as they relate to the patient. Perform shift charge for department as needed or assigned.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets us and maintains ventilatory support of both adult and children in all critical care areas. Makes changes and weans patient in concert with physician`s approval or protocol.
- Evaluates patient, documents patient assessment and findings on medical record and consult with physicians regarding appropriate therapy.
- Administers respiratory care and O2 therapy modalities to patient following physician order or protocol. Evaluates results of therapy.
- Serves as a member of the “Code Blue” and “Rapid Response” team. Draws arterial blood gases, maintains patient airways, and provides artificial ventilation.
- Performs arterial puncture on adult, children. Analyzes specimens for blood gas values.
- Performs A-line insertion after appropriate training on adult patients.
- Performs diagnostic studies such as oximetry, CO2 monitoring, O2 consumption, metabolic studies, bedside PFT testing.
- Evaluates patients and consults with physician regarding appropriate therapy.
- Participates in in-service education. Assists physician with bronchoscopy at bedside, fluoroscopy and GI Lab. Appropriately labels and handles specimens.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting up to two hours per day – 1 hour increments. Standing up to 3 hours per day – 1 hour increments. Walking up to 12 hours per day – 15 minute increments. Frequently uses fingers to manipulate small vials, equipment, etc. Continuous use of hands for writing and operating respiratory equipment. Continuous twisting/turning of hands and body to provide patient care. Occasional lifting of boxes and equipment up to 25 pounds. Frequently carrying of objects/equipment up to 25 pounds. Frequent pushing/pulling of equipment or patients up to 300 pounds. Frequent stooping/bending. Occasional crouching. Occasional reaching above shoulder level. Ability to palpate arteries, feel skin temperature, etc. Hearing as it relates to normal, high and low frequencies. Seeing as it relates to general, far, near, color, and peripheral vision. Depth perception.
Current License as a Respiratory Therapist in a State of Pennsylvania. Received credentials through the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 6 months clinical experience, either concurrent with training program or post-graduation.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Respiratory Therapist FT/PT Eves & Nights - Up to $10,000.00 Sign - On Bonus[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Respiratory Therapist FT/PT Eves & Nights - Up to $10,000.00 Sign - On Bonus
Arterial Blood Gases