Hydro Extrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries. Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
* This position will work out of the Mountain Top, PA location.*
Initial opportunity in customer Service roll ~ To act as the key daily interface with our customers. To coordinate responses for information and service requests from the customer. Works with the Account Executive to book profitable business. The selected candidate will be assigned to a Region, and under the guidance of the Customer Service Manager & Sales Director, will undertake additional assignments. The assignments are designed to be "hands-on" to help build a core understanding of our business and develop a foundation for an eventual sales role. A successful candidate in the Customer Service roll will be positioned for growth into an Account Executive (sales) position in the assigned Region and charged to move forward to meet the needs of the business when a commercial roll becomes available.
We are considering placements in the following Regions: Midwest - Northeast
This position will report to the respective Customer Service Manager with dotted line responsibility to the Regional Sales Director.
* Successful bidder will be accountable for all safety, health and environmental issues related to this position.
* To acquire and maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of the company's products, markets, policies, organizational, and administrative procedures in order to respond to customer needs.
* Works closely with the Account Executive and manufacturing contacts to develop and pursue business and prioritize internal resources for existing customers to support Sapa customer service and profitability goals.
* Responsible for entering orders, providing status checks and daily quotations to customers across multiple platforms.
* Follows up on quotations.
* Processes complaints from initiation through disposition and credit generation.
* Is a team player and works in the group setting, to balance WIP in the group.
* Is engaged in the Genesis process and contributes to the establishment of standard work practices that eliminate waste, enhance cross functionality in the cell, and increase team productivity.
* Performs other duties as assigned, required, requested or as a result of business changes.
* Experience in selling or working with value add, fabrication, & anodize preferred.
* Develop customer relationships to enhance customer retention and market share growth.
* Must be able to interface effectively with Commercial team within the regional team to coordinate and quarterback account management.
* Prepare and maintain updates, highlights, special management reports and etc. as required.
* Must demonstrate communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills that provide a foundation for a future commercial role.
* Must possess and maintain flexibility regarding mobility (during both the Customer Service assignment and progression into Commercial Account Management role).
Must be a career-oriented individual who aspires to advance and grow into a future leadership role.
Critical Success Factors:
Critical Thinking Attention to Detail
Out of the Box Thinking Professionalism
Interpersonal Astuteness Standard Success Factors
Managing External Relationships Ability to Multitask
* Four-year business or related degree preferred, as well as previous telemarketing/customer contact and excellent computer skills.
* Excellent communication, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Willingness to travel when face-to-face customer contact is required.
* Desire to move into an outside sales commercial roll long term
* This position will work out of the Mountain Top, PA location.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
* Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
* Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
* Education Assistance
* Bonus Plan Eligibility
* Parental Leave
* On-site Gym & Café
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
Hydro is heading in a new and exciting direction, and we depend on different perspectives to solve our tasks and meet customer needs. Building on our three core values - Care, Courage and Collaboration - we target a high performing and sustainable work environment based on inclusion of our differences. Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form below or by calling
+1 (412) 643-3602
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative (ET)
Posted on: Jan 6, 2023
Cressona, PA, US, 17929 Mountain Top, PA, US, 18707
Department: Customer Service 3
Business Area: Hydro Extrusions(EXSO)
Legal Entity: Hydro Extrusion USA LLC
Job Type: Permanent
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
- Account Management
- Attention To Detail