Operations -- Operations is responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution or manufacturing environment. Includes warehousing and fulfillment of materials and products, transportation, inventory management as well as demand, supply and manufacturing planning.
Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing -- The Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing team is responsible for managing supplier relations at a tactical level by executing and expediting purchase orders. Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing ensures the right quantity of products arrive in the right place, at the right time and cost. Assists in negotiating product and supply chain costs. Utilize terms and conditions of supplier contracts, work with internal customers to improve processes, and evaluate supplier performance that ultimately improves the supply chain.
- Demonstrates decision making skills to make optimal purchasing decisions based on supplier and customer contracts, situational information, and all other available data for assigned product lines at the optimum cost.
- Utilizes influencing, communication, and collaborative skills to partner with all internal customers (i.e. Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.) and external Supplier Partners to ensure timely delivery of products to assigned distribution centers and the efficiency of our Supply Chain.
- Possesses technical skills around our purchasing systems (SCORE and SAP), Expediting system (EAI web based tool), reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, and MS Access/Excel).
- Final decision makers for forecast and inventory related decisions for their assigned supplier portfolio.
- Understands and meets goals for Service Level, Days of Inventory on hand, purchase order expediting, and others as established by the management team.
- Runs and analyzes data from multiple data sources to understand the root cause of a problem or low metric and to have quality discussions with supplier partners.
- Develops long term relationships with supplier partners to continually push to improve purchasing processes.
- Monitoring Inbound activity (containers or transfers from sites)
- Monitoring flow of containers from port to yard and holding associates responsible for unloading containers in a timely manner to make sure orders are being filled.
- Entering data into SAP
- Forecasting shipments/deliveries so that associates can prepare for next day (how many loads will we have)
- Working with logistics to provide updates on containers
- Preventing any disruptions in supply chain flow
- Manage transportation routing
- Manage route cause problem analysis
- Problem solving- why are we having variances with book inventory vs actual inventory
- Makes sure contract obligations are met
- Booking tenders in mercury gate to route to carrier
- Works closely with inventory transportation team
- Holds team accountable to make sure we do not fall behind on deliveries
- Being proactive with potential problem solving
What is expected of you and others in at this level:
Track/Level: B2 individual contributor role
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
- Works on routine assignments that require basic problem resolution
- Refers to policies and past practices for guidance
- Receives general direction on standard work; receives detailed instruction on new assignments
- Consults with Supervisor or senior peers on complex and unusual problems
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience in related field
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Supplier Relationship Management