Title: IS Support Technician
Job ID: 19-00303
Location: Huntsville, AL
Pay Rate: Open
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Contract
Shift: 1st Shift
The IS Support Technician will be responsible for supporting, testing, and troubleshooting IS needs at the Alabama plant. This will include supporting project and operational activities. The IS Support Technician will support the completion of a variety of internal and external projects that together lead to the successful deployment of software, hardware, infrastructure, or enterprise products and services. The IS Support Technician will be responsible for meeting targets, deadlines, and providing deliverables as needed. The IS Support Technician will be responsible for creating procedural documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining a standard image provided by the Corporate office on user laptops, desktops and peripheral devices which may include smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Requires experience with working directly with customers and support of projects.
- Responsible for local coordination, installation, and ongoing support of various Manufacturing/Administrative computer systems.
- Client-side support: PC HW/SW installation and troubleshooting, Printers, Bar code scanners, Video conference, mobile computing and communication devices.
- Server support (Windows), Active Directory administration, implementation/refresh of server hardware and network infrastructure.
- Daily monitoring, troubleshooting& administration of Cisco multilayer switched networks, servers and data center infrastructure.
- Ability to provide issue resolution off-hours as needed, both onsite & remotely
- Coordination with Regional/Local IS teams and 3rd party vendors to support IS projects, incidents and requests.
- Manage and prioritize Incident and Request tickets.
- Will be required to setup, configure, troubleshooting of desktop and laptop (Lenovo, Client), mobile devices (smartphones-tablets) printers and plotters.
- Responsible for on-going support of Windows operating systems and Windows applications (example: Outlook, Excel, Word, Power point, MS Project)
- 4+ years previous experience as a Support Technician or related field
- Must have hands on desktop/laptop troubleshooting experience
- Must be able to configure and deploy network switches
- Must be familiar with windows server/desktop operating systems
- Must be familiar with configuring tablets
- Strong troubleshooting is required
- Cisco Networking
- Ethernet Networking
- Microsoft Windows 7 Technical Skills
- Microsoft Windows 10 Technical Skills
- Technical Support - IT/Network
- Technical Support Processes
- Windows 2012 Server Administration
- Windows 2012 Server Installation
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP and Microsoft SCCM.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Experience using the remote-control features of Microsoft's SCCM a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Availability to provide 24x7 on-call coverage.
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide User Support
Provide Technical Assistance
Provide Desktop Support