To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Angleton, TX 77515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Materials Quote Specialist II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Angleton, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Provides quotations to customers by utilizing sales and technical knowledge for the preparation of quotation packages for projects. Coordinates bid strategy with sales team and interprets customer requirements to offer solutions that maximize profitability and add value for the customer. Ensures consistent, competitive and profitable pricing. Communicates and practices pricing strategies in support of ongoing sales efforts.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Ability to create and maintain quoting programs utilizing QuoteWin and/or Microsoft Excel.
• Proven ability to analyze various sources of information and familiarity with production cost modeling and margin analysis.
• Experience maintaining accuracy of quoting models and information in the operating system to ensure accurate cost and quoting programs.
• Experience writing project quotations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be very detail oriented and be able to efficiently organize information
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Optimize company sales and profit objectives through effective pricing management.
• Perform quotations follow-up and monthly quote activity reporting.
• Match products to customer specifications by demonstrating knowledge of products.
• Review customer specifications to ensure quote is technically compatible and competitive.
• Coordinate with Sales Representatives to determine and/or clarify project requirements to ensure quality output.
• Understand, analyze, document and communicate contractual, technical and commercial terms and conditions relative to the company standard.
• Maintain a current understanding of bid strategies and market conditions.
• Follow up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation process and measure effectiveness.
• Analysis of information, data, or opportunities to make the best decision in how to strategically quote for purposes of positioning winning the business.
• Ability to work effectively in fast paced and time sensitive environment
• Maintain accurate documentation/paperwork and files to facilitate smooth transition to manufacturing sites
• Incorporate use of technological capabilities to improve processes and efficiency.
• All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
• Effective organization and prioritization skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Ability to demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company
• Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
• Ability to work well as an individual or on teams
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with suppliers or customers
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
• Participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
• 2 Year Associates degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management; 2+ years in the accounting or financial clerical role.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.