Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Macon lies near the state's geographic center, about 85 miles (137 km) southeast of Atlanta, hence the city's nickname, 'The Heart of Georgia.' Macon has an estimated population of 153,159. Macon is served by three interstate highways: I-16 (connecting the city to Savannah and coastal Georgia), I-75 (connecting the city with Atlanta to the north and Valdosta to the south), and I-475 (a city bypass highway. Macon is The Cherry Blossom Capital Of The World. The Ocmulgee National Monument is located in Macon, it has large Native American earthen mounds from around 1000 A.D., and its museum displays artifacts spanning thousands of years. Macon also has the Tubman Museum that exhibits African-American art, history, and culture, including a giant mural and the Inventors Gallery. Macon’s musical roots are deep. Macon is also home to the former Capricorn Records, the music label that initially signed the Allman Brothers Band. Little Richard also has a history in Macon, and fans can visit the Tic Toc Room (now an upscale restaurant) where he used to perform in downtown Macon. Macon is Not Too Big And Not Too Small. We're Just Right As the fourth-largest city in Georgia, Macon has plenty to offer but doesn't have the congestion and pollution that larger cities have. Traffic is never too bad, restaurants are never too crowded, and it's still a town where people will stop to talk on the street or wave from their cars.
The Macon plant was built in 1967. It manufactures egg cartons, lunch trays, and shake trays. The Macon plant has approximately 218 employees. Macon was awarded World-Class Safety in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Macon also received the Operational Performance Plant of the year in 2015 and 2016 and Food Plant of the Year in 2016. The Macon plant has recently reached out to the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank and will be collecting canned and dried goods for the less fortunate.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Production Supervisor
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality
- Typically supervises 50 plus employees
- Coordinate with Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees
- Planning, assigning & directing work
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding & disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints & resolving problems
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis
- Support & improve upon Quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals
- Ensures safety programs are implemented effectively, reviewed regularly and revised as necessary
- BA/BS degree preferred (business, engineering)
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well in group situations
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner
- Good computer skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Computer Literacy