To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Yazoo City, MS 39194
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Field Safety Specialist
CF Industries • Yazoo City, MS
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:8 Hour, AH24H1 Health, Safety & Security
Function:Environmental, Health & Safety
Job Summary:The Field Safety Specialist reports directly to the Safety Superintendent and will support the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Department. Under general supervision, implements programs, policies, procedures and processes in support of CF Industries Environmental, Health and Safety strategies, including but not limited to: emergency response, accident prevention, investigations, root cause analysis, safety compliance issues, aspects of safety management systems, and assist with other general safety, health and environmental tasks. Also, maintains good working knowledge of a wide variety of safety regulations and issues, as well as proposed changes. The Field Safety Specialist is responsible for performing safety tasks to ensure compliance with the various federal, state and local regulatory requirements in-support of the Yazoo City Nitrogen Complex operations. Other duties may include coordinating regulatory inspections, performing regulatory audits, inspections & tasks, providing technical advice to operations/maintenance, conducting training, assisting in the preparation of presentations and reports, as well as interpretation of data.
The Field Safety Specialist will possess a basic understanding of Ammonia, Ammonium Nitrate (intermediate processes), transportation, storage and processing including safety, environmental, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. Familiarity with safety and health, designs and specifications, and requirements/regulations to operate a Nitorgen Complex and its associated facilities. Understand the various applicable Federal, state and local laws, regulations, codes and standards and permits required to operate a Nitrogen Complex, including but not limited to: DOT, OSHA, USCG, EPA, NFPA, the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Natural Gas Act, and knowledge in emegency response operations, techniques and reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- File and record safety and health documentation in the document management system and EMIS as needed and as directed.
- Assist the Safety Superintendent and EHS Manager with accomplishing various tasks related to safety and health, routine inspections and participating in and overseeing safety information documentation to facilitate the operations and/or safety and health projects related to a Nitrogen Complex.
- Monitor, audit, train and prepare reports to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations, permit conditions, site-specific conditions, requirements, procedures, policies or other authorizing documents required by Federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Assist with the complex safety programs designed to train and motivate personnel to minimize occupational incidents, injuries and hazards. Support the implementation of the safety program, procedures, guidelines and work methods for operations and maintenance activities, training complex personnel in all phases of the safety program and making safety recommendations as needed.
- Specify, select, maintain and recommend safety and personal protective equipment needed for employee safety and required to comply with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and/or company policy or procedures.
- Interface with federal, state and local agencies, and assist with the communication and coordination of company activities including field visits, and safety inspections with federal, state, and local agencies and outside organizations.
- Document and report safety conditions to Safety Superintendent, EHS Manager and Corporate EHS Department as needed or as requested for safety performance.
- Provide safety and health representation, advice, training, guidance and support to Nitrogen Complex Operations & Maintenance staff.
- Provide continuous reporting and compliance documentation to Safety Superintendent, EHS Manager and support to the Corporate EHS Department staff.
- Support clean-up efforts involving minor spills and may perform initial response and notifications to incidents or releases.
- Assist Production Supervisors and Maintenance Planners on higher risk field permitting activities and serves as subject matter expert for safety related field activities.
- Conduct or participate in investigations of safety incidents, near misses and root cause analysis of safety issues.
- Conduct data entry in CF Industries EMIS Compliance Management System and assist in development and maintenance of other sustainability programs as requested.
- Assist in conducting safety and health training. Participate in terminal safety meetings and all safety committee meetings.
- Monitor hazardous work and participate in planning and execution of work events that are unusual or potentially hazardous.
- Evaluate and identify federal, state and local regulatory requirements and assist in the development and execution of policies, procedures, permits and/or execution strategy.
- Assist with the review and oversight of all new regulatory initiatives ensuring compliance with existing regulations dealing with safety for the complex.
- Assist with the review of all major capital projects and other projects to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Successful Incumbents will hate:
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) is required. Associates or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, or relevant discipline, equivalent work experience, or related military training/experience is highly desirable.
- Must be CPR, First Aid certified, or have the ability to obtain certification and have knowledge of emergency procedures.
- CSP/ASP Certification preferred.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) in good standing status.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience in HSSE, Emergency Response or equivalent military experience. Knowledge and understanding of the Incident Command System, and Behavior Based Safety Programs preferred.
- Proven capability in preparation and presentation of information to a varying audience.
Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required of the Field Safety Specialist.
Familiar with health, safety, security and environmental regulatory requirements for Federal, state and local government agencies for Nitrogen Complex and/or have the ability to learn and obtain necessary skill/knowledge requirements within timeframe designated by management.
Knowledge of investigation techniques, root cause analysis, incident reporting and/or have the ability to learn and obtain necessary skill/knowledge requirements within timeframe designated by management.
Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
Computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.