Established in 1899, Child & Family Service (CFS) is a community-based organization with a mission of strengthening families and fostering the healthy development children. CFS has been a fierce advocate for children and families in the midst of social injustices and inequalities. Our statewide support, counseling, and therapeutic programs help individuals and families heal from trauma, prevent abuse and neglect, and can break the cycle of generational poverty.
Strengthening families and fostering the healthy development of children.
Healthy, thriving individuals and families building strong, multi-cultural communities across generations.
Integrity, Quality Client Service, Employee Excellence, Teamwork and Communication
We offer an extensive array of benefits for our employee including paid time off, preventative health care paid time off, birthday floating holiday, volunteer floating holiday, 14 Paid Holidays in a Year (15 in an Election Year), Medical/Dental/Vision/RX plans, Opt-out incentive, 401(k), flexible spending plans, & more.
Come join Child & Family Service and help us serve thousands in our communities!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the general direction of the President and Chief Administrative Officer, this position will guide and lead the human resources function, and shall provide leadership and management consistent with mission, values, strategic objectives, and goals in all human resource areas including employment and employment law, training and development, employee relations, compensation, human resource information system and records, and legal compliance. The Director of Human Resources shall develop plans aimed at continuous improvement both in the Human Resources Department and in departments/programs throughout Child and Family Service.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Four-Year College Degree from a school accredited by a recognized accrediting agency - general major. Requires basic knowledge or training in a specialized or technical field or trade, such as social work, professional accounting, finance, business administration, and marketing.
- Over six (6) years with at least five (5) years management level work experience in the general areas of HR (employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits); experience in design and implementation of programs, and in conducting investigations and response preparation. Experience in working with all levels of employees and management in an advisory capacity; working knowledge of the legal venues in HR (EEO, HCRC, OFCCP, NLRB, DOL, Wage & Hour Laws, etc.). HR Management in a comparable industry/setting preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Extensive compensation management and employee relations experience.
- A minimum of five years at a management level, including supervision of professional staff and teams of people (4+ years).
- Demonstrated effective persuasive and interpersonal skills within a diverse organization.
- Ability to manage conflict and use problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience leading a strategic planning function.
- History of regular interactions with senior executives.
- Demonstrated history of innovative HR strategies for organizations.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- This job requires a valid Hawaii driver's license, a clear driver's abstract, and use of personal vehicle to transport participants, as needed, as well as a willingness to travel in personal vehicle on an as-needed basis throughout the island.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions.
- The nature of this position requires the incumbent to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement