To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2910 N Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23230
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Food Service - Assistant Restaurant Manager
Greyhound • Richmond, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for assisting in high-volume unit location with the planning and controlling of activities in a food service environment in order to run a profitable operation while meeting financial, safety, health, and compliance objectives and/or regulations.
- Assists with hiring of employees and recommends staffing levels in order to meet business needs.
- Assists with tracking employee time and attendance and modifications to work schedules.
- Helps ensures employees are properly trained and that employees have the necessary tools/equipment to perform the functions of their job.
- Provides feedback regarding employee performance and conduct.
- Participates in company meetings, project implementations, and strategic initiatives as requested by upper management (e.g. safety meetings, employee recognition and reward programs, etc.).
- Fosters a positive working relationships with other departments, key personnel, vendors, etc. in order to increase operational efficiency.
- Helps keep employees up-to-date of pertinent company/business information via different modes (e.g. group meetings, written memorandums, postings, and/or individual discussions).
- Helps ensure all legal directives and company standards are being followed relating to the operation of a food service establishment (e.g. facility cleanliness and sanitation, food preparation, food quality standards, safety procedures, building/equipment maintenance, etc.).
- Helps analyze and control costs associated with hourly labor, food waste, unpopular or less profitable items, theft, etc.
- Performs various financial activities (e.g. cash handling, cash deposits, employee payroll, etc.).
- Performs some food service tasks (e.g. cooking, cleaning, taking orders, etc.) as necessary.
- Helps resolve customer complaints and employee relation issues (e.g. conducts investigations, provides feedback, disciplines employees, etc.).
- Helps maintains a detailed inventory of food, retail, and paper products and ensures that a sufficient par stock is available through proper ordering, receiving and pricing.
- Helps prepares and submits daily, weekly and monthly sales and operating reports (e.g. Daily Sales and Labor Reports (SPMH), Invoice Transmittal Sheets, Vending Logs, and Unit EOM Workbook).
- Helps maintain files and records in accordance with company policy and statutory law.
- Some College (preferred)
- Food Handler’s Certification
- 6-months Supervisory Experience
- 1-year Restaurant Industry Experience
- Administrative and Management Principles
- Accounting Principles
- Customer Service Principles
- Food Handling Requirements
- Customer Service Orientation
- Strong organization
- Numerical reasoning
- People and Process Monitoring
- Active Listening & Oral Expression
- Reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Proficient with Office software (e.g. Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to learn fast
- Ability to stand/walk 80% of the workday.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform pushing/pulling activities.
- Ability to bend/stoop, squat, and kneel/crouch/crawl
- Ability to climb, reach, and twist
- Must be Flexibility to work on holidays and weekends.
- May be required to work 80% on the floor and 20% in the office.
- Able to wear safety equipment (e.g. Apron, goggles, heat resistant gloves, etc.)
- May be required to work 100% indoors in a food service environment, with noise/fumes, machines, cleaning chemicals, tools equipment and work aids.
- Must be able/willing to relocate for future promotions, transfers, etc.
- Travel 0-5%
Job Category: Restaurant - Food Service, Retail