Fujifilm Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large- scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Fujifilm Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring a Facilities Technician. The Facilities Technician performs general building maintenance, provides on the job supervision of outside contractors, and operates, maintains, adjusts, and repairs facilities plant and equipment to maintain cGMP compliance, operational efficiency, and safety. The person in this role is expected to perform all work with adherence to applicable safety procedures.
- Maintain and repair production electrical and mechanical equipment and machinery
- Repair and modify the facility including wallboard, carpentry, painting, plumbing or electrical services
- Provide on the job supervision of vendors and junior personnel
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment in accordance with defined PM schedules
- Evaluate equipment to identify and correct reasons for malfunctions
- Disassemble, repair and reinstall pumps, motors, and other equipment; adjust and tune labelers, cappers, and other production equipment as required
- Construct or fabricate parts from drawings or written instructions
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems; remove and replace worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system including measuring, cutting, threading and installing new pipe
- Respond to emergency calls 24/7
- Maintain records (device history, PM history, change requests)
- Revise or create SOPs as necessary
- Order new supplies and equipment
- Assist in the installation and startup of new equipment
- Coordinate vendors and contractors as required
- Move furniture and equipment to meet operational needs
- Perform other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with construction trade school and/or formal training on HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems
- 3-5 years’ work experience in general facility maintenance and repair with the use of hand and power tools in most of the following areas: wall board, carpentry, plumbing, basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Experience operating and maintaining telephone, voice mail, and access control systems highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Windows including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from architectural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing drawings, schematics, and single line diagrams
- Ability to work independently with no supervision
- Valid CA Driver License and good driving record required
- Knowledge of WFI system a plus
- Working knowledge of cGMP and ISO 9001/EN46001
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
Fujifilm Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.