The Senior Payroll Administrator, will prepare and process the bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now and ADP Enterprise eTIME. The Senior Payroll Coordinator performs a variety of timekeeping and payroll processing activities, including verifying wage and overtime calculations, reviewing deductions, processing pay requests and corrections and answering employee questions regarding payroll taxes, deductions and policies.
The Senior Payroll Administrator will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Senior Payroll Administrator will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Principal Responsibilities The Senior Payroll Administrator:
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll according to policy, procedures, and regulations using ADP Workforce Now. Reviews Enterprise timecards, processes, calculates, and posts actions including retroactive payments, benefit payments, wage assignments and garnishments. Prepares, balances, and corrects payroll reports.
- Audits and enters Travel and Business Expense Reports to payroll system with appropriate documentation and signatures based on IRS regulations.
- Processes payroll related filings and reporting such as 401(k) and 403(b) contributions and HSA.
- Updates and maintains Enterprise eTIME system and provides training to employees and managers regarding time and attendance system when needed.
- Assists with auditing of various payroll areas such as timekeeping records and special projects.
- Assists with gathering information required for internal and external audits, and prepares requested schedules, working directly with auditors.
- Researches and resolves questions from employees and management as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as payroll corrections, direct deposit accounts, payroll taxes, deductions and policies.
- Communicates with Human Resources department to ensure the integrity of payroll data related to new hires, terminations, transfers rate changes, retroactive payments, incentive payments, tuition reimbursement payment, and employment verifications.
- Maintains accurate payroll records and employee files, including manual checks and reconciliation of payroll accounts. Ensures disbursement of bi-weekly payroll, including garnishments, benefits, taxes and any irregular payments.
- Processes manual checks as required, corresponding with Finance department to print checks and upload SafePay/Positive Pay file to financial institutions.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves employee issues in a timely manner, related to payroll processing.
- Documents and updates procedures researching and preparing special reports for management as needed.
- Establishes required tax documents and company identifiers in each state Shirley Ryan AbilityLab has Employees.
- Coordinates and communicates changes in taxes, unemployment, workers compensation and other payroll related filings to appropriate departments.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. Cross-Trained to perform additional responsibilities in the Finance Department.
- Reports directly to the Payroll Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) highly desired.
- Minimum 4 years of payroll experience with knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and ADP Enterprise eTIME systems.
- Familiarity with Federal, State, & FICA payroll laws as applicable payroll policies and procedures as well as forms and reports at a level generally acquired during three to five years of experience and on the job training.
- Analytical ability to resolve employee payroll problems by reviewing records and reports, by identifying errors, and by correcting errors.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills to handle employee questions and to explain payroll policies and procedures to all level of hospital personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to perform calculations, prepare various forms, maintain records, and monitor policy compliance.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively use personal computer and working knowledge of spreadsheet applications to perform data entry and analysis.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for continuous quality improvement.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Distribute Payroll Check
Maintain Payroll Record